4

I had already been a week since he had appeared in the forest. As the time had gone by we got a little closer and he finally decided to tell me him name.

"Meliodas!" I called out while running down the porch.

He had still refused to stay in my house and made his own camp area by a tree. Of course I had got him all the essentials like food and water.

I walked on the soft grass towards his camp. I began looking around confused till I heard a cough. I looked up above and gave a small smile as I noticed him in the tree.

"So I wanna ask another question." He said jumping off the tree to stand in front of me.

"So how do you get all your food and stuff like that?"

"This is gonna sound a little crazy.." I said rubbing the nape of my neck.

"But you see I don't get this... the cat does..."

He blinked a few times looking at me shocked.

"T-The cat?" He stuttered out.

He began to look around the area in search for the cat but to no avail.

"She's gone back out." I said answering his thoughts.

"So you're telling me all the time you've stayed here the cat goes out wait THE CAT CAN LEAVE THE FOREST?" He asked shocked.

I nodded my head again and a small smirk grew on his face.

"I've got an idea." He said staring ahead at the forest.

"Lets follow the cat"

"You know thats not a bad idea." I said giggling slightly.

"I'm surprised you never thought of it." He said giving me a cheeky smile.

"Well whats the point... theres no reason for me to leave this place.." I mumbled out quietly.

I stared down at the ground as an awkward silence took over the forest.

"So you really don't remember anything..?" He asked trying to pick his words carefully.

I nodded my head to the side and shrugged my shoulders.

"I don't remember a single thing.. I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize." He said with a hint of guilt in his voice.

"Do you remember your earliest memory of being here?"

I thought for a second putting a finger on my lip a small memory played through my head.

"I think I remember going into the forest once. Except I was already in it before hand. I was laying down by a river and then... I'm sorry thats all I remember.."

"Its alright." He grabbed onto my wrist and pulled me into his chest.

I was shocked by his sudden actions but a strange warmth filled my chest. I didn't want to pull away but I wasn't really sure how to react.

His arms wrapped around me one holding the top of me head while the other held my waist.

"Meliodas.." I mumbled out.

He quickly let go of me and backed away with a tint of red on his face.

"Sorry I don't know what I was doing.." He said out nervously laughing.

"I-Its alright." I replied, my heart pounding in my chest from the impact.

"Do you have any memories of not being in the forest like maybe a town?"

"No." I replied shaking my head.

"How about we go sit down and wait for the cat and ill tell you some stories about the outside world okay?"

My eyes lit up at his offer and I nodded my head in excitement.

~•~

"Do knights actually slay dragons and save princesses??" I asked eyes beaming as he laughed.

"Well I'm not sure if dragons exist but after entering this forest I wouldn't be surprised and yes they do."

I stared at him in awe as I continued to ask more questions.

"Aww I see have you been waiting for a knight in shinning armour to recuse you from your house." Meliodas said with a smug look on his face.

"N-No! I'm just fine here thank you!" I said pouting and crossing my arms while looking away.

"Ah and here I thought I could be your knight."

"Go save the cat!" A blushed crept up on my face and I could hear him laughing at me.

"Um does this mean that outside of the forest theres lots of people too? And more cats?"

"Yes lots of people and cats too." He replied smiling.

I looked back over at Meliodas a question came to mind,

"What do you plan to do about this lady in white or the people of your town."

He let out a small sigh and turned his attention to the sky.

"If I'm some how able to get out of this part of the forest I plan on continuing my search. I can't let people continue to get hurt. When I find out who they are I will kill them."