1

I quickly walked down the hallway my sword bouncing on my back as I began to quicken my pace. I shoved the doors to the room in front of me open and stopped once I stepped inside.

"Meliodas." The person in front of me called out.

"Do you know why you've been called here."

"Yes." I mumbled out taking the sword off from my back.

"I need you to complete a mission for me.."

"Its about that girl isnt it?" I asked staring up at him in annoyance.

"Thats correct. She's been causing quite a bit of trouble for our people. The forest has become a very dangerous place now." He began to tap his hand on the arm of his chair as he thought,

"We need you to get rid of her so we can keep our people safe."

"I understand..." I mumbled out as my grip on my sword tightened.

"You've been given an important mission you understand that correct?"

"I'll be able to get it done stop worrying so damn much." He growled in annoyance.

"You do understand where and what we are asking of you-"

"Look I get it alright. Ill find her"

"And kill her"

"Good. Do so and make sure nobody gets hurt by her again. If you can do that we will pay you handsomely."

A small smile grazed my lips and I nodded my head.

"Now go and don't you dare return without her head!" He yelled at the top of his voice.

I nodded my head one last time and gave a small bow before turning to leave. I'd find her and make sure our people were safe.

I walked to the start of the forest and stared out as the wind began to blow in my hair.

For the past few months now a lady in white had been terrorizing anyone who entered this forest. It was told anyone who stepped it would either be found outside of the forest dead or wouldn't come out. Nobody was sure why she was here or why she was hurting those people but it was obvious she didn't want anyone in the forest.

They had sent countless people to deal with the situation but non of them were able to. They all ended up the same as everyone else.

Dead

I ran inside of the forest gripping onto my sword I hopped from tree to tree.

Everything had started off normal but the further I went through the forest the more dangerous it became. I had creatures attacking me left and right. I barely had time to even catch my breath.

No wonder no one was able to make it out alive.

The further in anyone would go the more dangerous it would get.

There was one thing that confused me though.

Why had I not seen that girl yet? No one ever mentioned beasts that lived down here. But I wasn't surprised as only a few people ever made it out.

Those who made it out told the story of a lady dressed in all white but the next day any other info we could get wouldn't happen.

As just like everyone else they were dead.

I swung my sword slicing through the head of a large bird like creature that attacked me. I had to find some place to rest this was just getting crazy.

I looked through the forest for some place and noticed a small cave up ahead. As I fought off the rest around me I made my way to the cave.

I ducked inside before I could be caught and dropped down to the ground. I let go of my sword and began to breath heavily.

I hadn't even been in here for awhile but it was beginning to get bad. The amount of creatures in this forest was crazy. There was so much even for me to handle.

I closed my eyes for a second and tried to steady my breathing. I'd have to go back out soon they'd eventually sniff me out.

I continued to run through the forest this time with my sword on my back. As much as I wanted to continue to fight these things I'd never get anywhere if I was just staying in one place. I quickened my pace dodging them as they came at me.

I noticed that now it was only the same ones chasing me. It seemed that there weren't anymore that were joining in. I took my sword off my back and finished off the the remaining few.

Once they were taken care of I ventured further in. I stopped again and scouted out the area. This time though my eyes landed on something particularly different.

There was a large tree with a beautiful looking house right beside it.