Home Away From Home

A week has passed since Jason Blossom's body was found. Another tragic loss would be hitting Yasmine DeSantos and Jughead Jones soon as the Twilight Drive-In closes. The drive-in might not mean much to some but as for Jughead it was a second home and his job and for Yasmine it was another place, like Pop's, that reminded her of better times. The drive-in is the place where Yasmine and Jughead's friendship really grew over double features playing while they hung out in the film booth talking about the events of the Blossom case and the ever increasing witch trials of blind blame that was the current state of Riverdale. The two dark haired friends decided to make the last night one to remember and began planning instantly what movies they should play, after all Yasmine refused to let Jughead spend the night alone.

The two friends who a year ago were on complete opposite sides of the food chain at Riverdale High were now two of the closest. Like with his constant tapping away at his laptop, Jones had tapped his way through the cracks in Yasmine DeSantos' life and was seeing her for who she was and he understood why she had acted they way she did and why she hid her life away. He never mentioned it to the girl because he just understood how it would go and it was that understanding that really made the two good friends. 

The night Jughead reached out to his friends about his passionate disagreement with the drive-in closing started off as usual, the five teenagers seated in a booth at Pop's. Jughead was ranting of the closure from his seat between Yasmine and Betty, seated across from him was Veronica and Kevin. Betty's mind seemed to be off in another place but Yasmine sat there sipping her coffee. "Please god, no more Quentin Tarantino references," Kevin interrupted Jughead. "He's just pissed off Kev and for good reason. He's not just losing his job this is so much larger than that. It's something that should mean something to us. We should be saving it not shutting it down." Yasmine set down her cup rather loudly as she quickly backed her friend up, clearly realizing only four people in this booth actually seemed interested in the conversation the group was having.

Veronica held her hands up as she cautiously tried to explain a counter view on the situation. "In this age of Netflix and VOD, do people really want to watch a movie in a car? I mean who even goes there?" She placed a hand down on the table looking at the other two. Kevin turned to Ronnie and quickly answered one of her questions, "People who want to buy crack." Jughead took that as a moment to also answer her question, "And cinephiles, like Yas, and car enthusiasts. Right Bets?" Jughead turned to the blonde on his side clearly not realizing that she wasn't really paying attention to the conversation they were participating in. The blonde quickly looked up and rose her eyebrows as she realized that she wasn't fully paying attention and quickly said the one thing that seemed safe to say, "Totatlly." 

Yasmine shook her head and scoffed. "It doesn't matter, that place is closing because some anonymous buyer made Mayor McCoy an offer she couldn't refuse." Ronnie looked like she was about to laugh as she asked, "An anonymous buyer? What do they have to hide? Nobody is going to actually care." Jughead quickly corrected her, "I do!" Yas lightly elbowed him in the side and he corrected himself, " We do." Yasmine just shook her head and sighed as she leaned forward on the table. "Either way you guys should totally all come to closing night. Jughead is thinking American Graffiti." From next to her the girl could here her beanie headed friend mumble something about 'being too obvious'. Veronica had a thoughtful face as she suggested, "I vote for anything starring Audrey Hepburn. Or Kate Blanchett" Kevin yet again turned to Veronica as he made a comment, "Or The Talented Mr. Ripley." With a nod from Veronica Kevin turned to Betty and points at her, "Betty, your choices?" Then finally someone besides Yasmine seemed to notice Betty not being fully there as Veronica asks if she is okay. Betty basically brushes it off before she suggested Rebel Without a Cause. Jughead looks over at the blonde at his side with a smile.