𝙨𝙖𝙗𝙞𝙩𝙤 | 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚

Angst~♡
Requested.
632 words

promises are meant to be broken

Today was the day my bestfriend goes to final selection

Today was the day my bestfriend goes to final selection. I've always believed in Sabito. I was always his number one supporter, and I always will. I may have developed feelings for him throughout our friendship, but I never tried to confess or show it, because I don't want to ruin a perfectly good friendship just because of a one-sided love.

Y/N: Stay safe out there, ok? I know you can do it!
Sabito: Thanks, Y/N. I promise you I will go back safely.
Y/N: You promise?
Sabito: Promise. Looks like I have to go. See you in 7 days!

Then off he went. I had faith in him. He will return.

[One Week Later]
They were going back home today. I've been anxious and excited since yesterday. I missed him. I miss his smile and his company. I waited, and waited, and waited, and waited, but they never came back. I was nervous. Were they alive? dead? Was HE ok? I didn't know how they were doing, how he was doing. I couldn't do anything, but wait.

[Three Days Later]
After 3 days, Giyu came back alone? Makomo and Sabito weren't with him. I was confused, but I didn't want to conclude anything just yet. Mr. Urokodaki led him inside, and told me to prepare food and water. And so I did. After that, I went outside for some fresh air, and maybe I could see the two coming. I doubted it, because Giyu would've most probably went with them. I went in, but before opening the door fully, I overheard Giyu and Mr. Urokodaki talking.

Giyu: I failed to save them, sensei. Makomo and Sabito- they both didn't make it. Sabito saved me instead.

At that moment, I felt like my heart broke into a million pieces. My eyes felt blurry as tears started to fill them up. I wanted to cry my heart out. I wasn't sad just because I had feelings for Sabito, but because I lost not only my bestfriend, but I also lost Makomo. I felt tears run down my face as I entered the small house, quietly sitting down. They noticed me, but they didn't try to disturb me. They both know how much they meant to me, and letting me cry in grief first was the best decision. So I did. I cried my heart out, but quietly. So many tears ran down my face. I cried ti'll I started feeling tired. I slowly started closing my eyes until I went to sleep.

[Next Morning]
I woke up, not in the mood to eat anything. I went straight outside for some fresh air and to clear my thoughts. I was still in grief after all. I suddenly felt someone beside me. It was Giyu. He looked depressed, but I couldn't judge him. He must be feeling more sad than I am. He saw them take their last breaths, and he carried the guilt, because they died saving him. I never expected him to speak so suddenly.

Giyu: I'm sorry Y/N. I wasn't able to save them.
Y/N: It isn't your fault, Giyu. You tried.
Giyu: Sabito wanted me to tell you something just in case this did happen.
Y/N: Hm?
Giyu: He wanted to tell you how much he appreciates you and your support all the time. He also wanted to tell you that he loved you so much, and he's sorry he broke his promise.

I froze. I couldn't process what he just said.

Y/N: W-what?
Giyu: He loved you, dearly.

I couldn't do anything but hug Giyu and cry on his chest. He hugged me back.

Giyu: Cry as much as you want. It'll be alright.

[End]