❗ 𝙨𝙖𝙣𝙚𝙢𝙞 𝙨𝙝𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙯𝙪𝙜𝙖𝙬𝙖 | 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 [2/2]

Angst~♡
!¡Manga Spoiler¡! - Read at your own risk
1053 words

[a/n: i will be using lowercase letters and this is in sanemi's pov. this is also the pt. 2 of the previous chapter]

you were always there for me, but i acted like i never noticed

no, you were never cursed.

i would always distance myself from everyone. i felt lonely after so many tragedies. my personality and impression to others didn't help at all either, but you were there. you comforted and talked to me about everything. what did i do to deserve such a kind person like you? you were the only one who saw beneath the ragged personality i used as a mask. i was always thankful for you. i would always catch you, looking at me with gleaming eyes. i would be embarrassed about it, but i never mentioned it. it was as if you looked up to me. or... was that really the reason for your gleaming eyes? i never had the best childhood. an abusive father who could care less about me and the rest of our family. a loving mother, who soon turned into a demon and killed all her children, except me and genya. i felt like i was at the bottom of a dark pit, where nobody could reach me, talk to me, or hear me.

but you did.

you tried everything for me. after that, we trained to become demon slayers. i was happy of course. my best friend was here to support me and be with me always. you still had those gleaming eyes that i was always curious about. you gave your best for me. i didn't even know how to repay you. you said it was not a big deal. we trained and became demon slayers together. i was happy, and i never thought i could be happier.

then i met her, kanae

she was beautiful, kind, and good-hearted. i would always tell you about her, and you would seem happy and interested. you could say it was the first time i smiled in a long long time. i was happy with you, and for surviving all those years, but kanae felt like she completed me. you would listen to my stories about her, even if i had a plain, poker face on and i never seemed interesting, you would always listen to me with a smile.

then...

i lost her too...

you saw how broken i was. i sobbed my heart out. she... she was the person i wanted to spend the rest of my life with. you told me that she felt the same, but what could that do? i was hurt of course. but you were there, comforted me with your words. you were the shoulder i leaned on in times of despair. i ask once more, what did i do to deserve such a caring best friend? [a/n: get friendzoned ohhhh]

you would never forget to stop by and check on me. you would even cook meals for me, and eat with me. even though i distanced myself, tried to ignore you because of the pain, you never stopped trying to make me feel better. you tried, but i'm sorry. i needed time for myself.

i completely ignored you, it was as if we were strangers. but even so, i would still see you look at me with such gleaming, and sparkling eyes. what did they mean? did they mean something? were you trying to tell me something? a message? it truly kept me up. it was something i was curious about.

you must have thought that i have forgotten about you. no, of course not. how could i forget the person who was always there for me? the person who was with me through thick and thin? of course not...

i tried talking again to you but...

my brother died...

i couldn't help it anymore. i cried, i sobbed. we never had the best relationship. i wanted to form a closer bond with him as soon as this was over, but that's never going to happen anymore. i needed someone beside me. i needed you to help me. and as always, you were there for me, waiting for me. i truly am thankful for you. you're always going to be there for me, right? is that too selfish to ask? i mean you will be here, right? right-

wrong...

i was dead wrong. i couldn't find you. where were you? i wanted to tell you something. i think i found out why your eyes were always gleaming. i think i feel something for you. i want to tell you that i'm thankful. i want to tell you that i'm here for you too. i want to tell you that...

i fell in love with you...

i want to tell you and express to you so many things. so, where are you? i really need you right now. so where-

where...

why...

i saw your body lying on the ground, completely lifeless. no, don't tell me...

i lost you too?

no, please no. i wanted more time with you. please no. you were the one who was always there for me, there with me. i went up to your body. it's cold, but you can tell that you just cried. don't tell me... you just died...

i was late... too late

i could've saved you, but i was too late. i'm late as always. tears started to form in my eyes. you had a smile, as your eyes depicted you have already entered eternal slumber. i was too late. late in saving you. late in thanking you. late in telling you my feelings, in confessing. late in... falling in love with you.

i'm sorry! you died without hearing my words. you died without having someone here for you too. you died without knowing how much i love you, and how much i'm thankful for you. i'm sorry! please. i can't believe i lost you too. i wasn't even here when you left. i regret so many things, but i will never regret falling for you.

from the bottom of my heart, l/n y/n,

i am in love with you...

until we meet again, i will carry these feelings for you...

[end]