The RETCONS Part 2

Ideas I went through when trying to find out how to I wanted to do chapter 8. Jeez, that chapter was a nightmare.

Idea 1:

Ruby wakes up on her Atlas bed in the middle of the night, wearing Atlas night clothes. It been a few days since she became a Huntress and has been doing jobs since, it's exhausting. She sits up and yawns before groggily heading to the bathroom. After a bathroom break, Ruby hears a knock on the door. Ruby tilts her head and opens the door to see Circe in a grey trenchcoat smiling at her.

Ruby: Uh, good evening Circe.

Circe: Good evening Ruby. I hope I didn't wake you up.

Ruby: No, not at all. I was just up for the bathroom. Why are you here? In front of my dorm?

Circe: Well, I did say a couple days ago that I had a place we could visit. Come on, get dressed.

Ruby: Now?? I have a job in the morning.

Circe: You can sleep on the way. Besides, the thing I want you to see doesn't happen too often. And it could teach you a little something.

Ruby: Uh, alright?

Ruby goes and gets dressed in warm clothes and follows Circe out. The two head towards an elevator leading to the city. When they make it below Atlas Academy, Ruby follows Circe down the streets of Atlas.

Ruby: Sooo uh, Circe?

Circe looks at Ruby with an eyebrow raised.

Circe: Hm?

Ruby: What do you think about me not telling Ironwood everything? Reaper disagrees with my decision, so I wonder what your opinion is.

Circe: Hmm, if I'm being honest, I can understand your reasoning though I'm not sure if it would be a decision I'd make. However, from what I know of you all, doing what my father did when you yourselves have complained about him keeping those same secrets not too long ago makes you all look very hypocritical.

Ruby sighs and looks down.

Ruby: I guess it does. But... I'm scared that if we tell Ironwood the truth, then we would have no direction anymore. He can overreact... and probably snap.

Circe nods and smiles at her.

Circe: Maybe so, but you seem to be the type that can adapt to any situation. Even if you lose the General, you'll figure something out. Don't let fear of a small thing keep you from doing what needs to be done. All you can do is keep moving forward.

Ruby smiles at her as they continue on. Eventually they come up to an opera house a few blocks from the academy. Ruby looks at Circe.

Ruby: An...opera? This is what you dragged me out here for?

Circe smirks at Ruby.

Circe: Yep! Come on!

Ruby rolls her eyes and follows Circe inside. Apparently, Circe had reserved an upper booth as the walk upstairs and into the auditorium. The two sit down in their booth as the show is about to start. Ruby now kinda wants to go back to bed but doesn't want to be rude to Circe, who is just smiling.

Ruby: Um, Circe-?

Circe: Shh!

The stage curtains part and Ruby sees a beautiful woman with silver white hair and red eyes on the stage.