The RETCONS Part 1

So before RWBY Volume 7 released, I did a little work on this story to get some ideas of what I was gonna do and see what I could integrate into the show's events. Of course, my original version has been retconned due to volume 7's story. But I want to show you what I had going early on. Anyway, here's the original version before I went to work on the current version.

RETCONNED chapter 1

In the sandy plains of Vacuo, Human, Faunus, and smoking Reaper bodies stain the sands with survivors scattered throughout the battlefield. The king and queens of Mantle, Mistral, and Vacuo kneel to the King of Vale to signify that the last battle of the Great War is over. Reaper walks across the fields to find any Reaper survivors before he sees Ozma standing tall as the king and queens of Mantle, Mistral, and Vacuo kneel before him.

 Reaper walks across the fields to find any Reaper survivors before he sees Ozma standing tall as the king and queens of Mantle, Mistral, and Vacuo kneel before him

Reaper clenches his fists as he sees that and all of his dead kin and countrymen from Prospero around them.

Reaper: This had better have been worth it.

Reaper walks away from that sight so he could find any more survivors.

~Present Day, 82 years later~

Reaper steps off the Atlas gunship with Qrow and Oscar after their group had landed in an Atlas hanger.

Qrow: Finally made it to Atlas.

Reaper: Yippee...

Reaper says that unenthusiastically with Oscar smirking as the three catch up with teams RWBY and JNPR. Circe and Maria stand with the two teams as General Ironwood, along with a squad of Atlas soldiers walk up to the group.

Ironwood: Quite a large group you have here, Qrow.

Qrow: Well, you know how it is. The more we have, the better.

Ironwood smirks at Qrow before looking at RWBY and JNPR.

Ironwood: I'm glad that you all have arrived safely without further incident. The incident in Argus sounded rather grim.

Ruby: It was, but we managed.

Ironwood: So I hear.

Ironwood looks to Reaper.

Ironwood: Reaper.

Reaper: General.

Ironwood: I see you can talk now.

Reaper: Relics are handy like that.

Ironwood nods in understanding before looking to the overall group.

Ironwood: We have taken the liberty in preparing a place for you all to stay. And Miss Schnee, your sister wants to speak with you when you settle in.

Weiss: You... aren't going to make me go to my father first?

Ironwood: I.... wouldn't suggest seeing him at the moment. He has been a bit.... angry since you left, to put it mildly.

Weiss: Right...