Chapter 23 - Internship continues

Once I was healed. I went with Todoroki for the rest of the internship with the pile of flaming trash. The training was brutal.

After about an hour and a half of fighting with Endeavor none stop. I collapsed my hands burnt like they normally are from using my fire quirk to much. 

"You are so pathetic. You're useless if you can't even use your quirk without hurting yourself. Is that how you got that ugly scar on your face?"

I didn't answer him. I physically couldn't answer him. My lungs hurt everytime I would breath. I was sobbing.

How am I pathetic? I blocked all of his attacks. He didn't even land a hit on me.

Luckily Todoroki was in the other room training by himself. I didn't want him to see me like this.

"Tch Get up we are doing another round." He yelled.

His loud voice caused me to flinch. I tried to get up but my body was weak. After a couple of more tries I got up getting in a defensive stance.

The door opened to reveal a girl with pretty white haired with red streaks.

"Father someone on the phone wants to talk to you." She said. Endeavor walked out and she ran to me.

"Come with me. I'm going to take you to my room before he figures out I lied."

Once I got into her room. I fell.

I still couldn't speak.

"I'm Fuyumi Todoroki." She said while grabbing things from drawers in the room. I pointed to my throat.

"Oh sorry I'll get some water." She smiled. After she can back with the water. I drink the whole thing in about two seconds. I sighed

"Thank you so much. I'm (Y/N) Midoriya."

"No problem but why would you chose a internship with my father."

"I really didn't have a choice. I had to chose someone who was on my offer list and he was my only offer." I said.

"Wow that's unfortunate. Do you know how to properly clean the burns?"

"Yes, I have done it before." I replied.

"Okay that's good. I need to go tell Shoto." She said then left.

I went into her bathroom to clean my burns. These are the worst burns I have ever had. Endeavor didn't even land a hit on me. I need to get stronger. I need to be able to use my fire without burning myself.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by a hand on my shoulder. I yelped jumping backwards.

"Oh Hi Todoroki." I said hoping he didn't know me jump.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you." He said. He looked so sad.

"Don't worry. I'm okay." I said.

"I shouldn't have let you be alone with him. I should have known that he would have hurt you." He said looking at the ground.

"He didn't hurt me. He didn't even have a chance to touch me. I dodged all of his attacks." I reassured him.

"But you hands are burnt." He said confused.

"Yeah but that's because I used my fire too much. I need to learn how to use it without burning myself." I smiled.

Eventually the internships were over. We were able to go back to class.