2. She's a Newsie?

Mavis's POV

Mavis's POV

Hearing the circulation Bell, I ran through an ally to get to The World on time. It was kinda hard having Snyder after my ass all morning.

Ever since I had escaped The Refuge twice, he's been on my tail ever sense. Finally got to The World and put on my cap stuffing my hair up in it so I wouldn't get to hot.

I walked up in line behind a tall brown head boy and younger boy and patiently waited my turn to get some papes.

Weisel lit up a cigar and started calling for the Newsies, "Papes! Papes for the Newsies, line up!"

The first guy seemed a little familiar but I just shook my head at it he started talking to Weisel.

"Mornin', Weasel, you miss me?" I chuckled lightly at him calling him Weasel.

"The name is Wei-Sel" Mr.Weisel corrected him.

"Ain't that what I said? I'll take the usual."

"A hundred Papes for the wise guy." The boy got his Papes and walked over to the wagon.

The line moved up and I couldn't help but hear the next boys conversation with him.

"How's it goin', Weasel?"

Mr.Weisel shook his head taking his cigar out his mouth, "At least call me mister."

The boy started laughing, "I'll call you sweetheart if you spot me fifty Papes."

The boy had a shocked look on his face, "Whatever happened to romance?!" And he walked away putting a cigar in his mouth as well.

These boys have some humor, I dig it.

"Fifty for the Racer. Next."

Ahh okay, so his name is Racer. I'm gonna have to remember that.

Next in line was a short blonde headed boy on a crutch. Poor guy, however I bet he sells a lot of Papes.

"Good mornin', Mr.Weisel."

Good to see that he is respectful and sweet.

"Fifty papes for Crutchie." Weisel said flatly.

That's a cute nickname for him. Crutchie, again gonna have to remember that.

Weisel sees the two boys in front of me and exclaims, "Hey! Look at this! A new kid!"

The younger one popped into his view, "Hey! I'm new too!"

Racer from a second ago cut into the conversation. "Oh, don't worry kid, it rubs right off!"

The taller boy shakes his head, "I'll take twenty newspapers please." He said flatly. That voice sounded familiar.. but I couldn't figure it out.

"Twenty papes for the new kid."