7.The World Will Know

Mavis's POV

Mavis's POV

I ended up falling asleep by some crates outside Miss Medda's. I couldn't exactly stay around the NewsBoys or go home.. However, I am determined to go about today strong and not let Race bring me down.
I'm gonna go down to The World and tell those boys I am a Newsie and I have every right to strike as well.

Jack may not agree, but I don't care. He isn't in charge of me, the rest of the Newsies May follow him, even Davey but I won't.

I gathered my things and headed to the gate. I stopped and took a deep breath walking into the gate I see everyone gathered around.

I throw my things on the ground and go up to them, upon I hear Jack talking.

"Pulitzer and Hearst they think they got us, do they got us?!"

All the newsies yelled out, "No!"

"We're a union now!" Davey shouted while smiling.
I go into their line of view and speak, "The Newsies Union, and we mean business!"

I got a small smirk from Jack as he spit into his hand and held it out, I spit into my hand and shake it smiling.

JACK:

EVEN THOUGH WE AINT GOT HATS OR BADGES, WERE A UNION JUST BY SAYING SO..

AND THE WORLD WILL KNOW!

"Hey, what's there stopin' some other kids from common' along to sell our papes?" Finch speaks up with worry.

"Just let em' try!" Albert stands up holding a fist causing all the Newsies to go into an uproar.

"No! No!" I shake my head shouting. "We can't beat up on other kids. We're all in this together." Davey hugs me agreeing.

"You stole the words right outta my mouth." He said.

[THE WORLD WILL KNOW]

JACK:

WHATS IT GONNA TAKE TO STOP THE WAGONS?

MAVIS:

ARE WE READY?

NEWSIES:

YEAH!

JACK:

WHATS IT GONNA TAKE TO STOP THE SCABBERS?

CAN WE DO IT?

NEWSIES:

YEAH!

JACK:

WELL DO WHAT WE GOTTA DO UNTIL WE BREAK THE WILL OF MIGHTY BILL AND JOE..

NEWSIES:

AND THE WORLD WILL KNOW!

MAVIS:

AND THE JOURNAL TOO!

JACK AND MAVIS: