6 Neko day 7 Dragon

3558 Words

It's been a week since I was changed in to a Neko. And I thought I knew everything about my change. But I was wrong.

Me and my wife were out on the town for the day. We were doing some shopping and looking around. The people in the area have come to know about me. Most were ok with me because I didn't look like a threat. I just looked like a little kid to them. With a tail and cat ears I looked like a kid dressed up for Halloween. The more I was seen the more people excepted me. I wasn't the only one anymore ether. The news has been showing a lot of deferent people that have been changed. We were deferent but not unexpected or scary anymore. Of course, there were exceptions as well. Some people were using their new powers or abilities for bad things. The cops have jailed some people for robberies and other things.

I have been to the cop shop myself. They thought that I was one of the robbers. Luckily for me it was the same day that I was in school with my son. I have stayed on good terms with the cops in the area. And I have become a sort of go to guy when it comes to the new magic stuff. I wouldn't say they trusted me completely. But it's close enough for me. And they knew that I would not lie to them about any of this stuff. They knew that if they needed me, they could call me at any time day or night. I have already helped them out with the hole robbery thing. Tracking down where they were hiding. You might say that I have a good nose for sniffing out people.

We were going from one shop to another when I heard something. It was really far away so the people had no clue what was coming their way. I told my wife to be prepared for something but I didn't know what it was yet. We got to the end of the block and were starting to cross when I heard it again. We were in the middle of the street when a dragon came flying across the sky. Everyone was starting to panic. I heard the dragon calling out for someone. I couldn't make out the name but I knew he would not be a threat. I yelled at him to come down. He didn't hear me at first. But after he turned around, he spotted me. I yelled again and he came down. He landed in the middle of the intersection blocking all lanes of traffic. "What do you want?" The dragon said to me.

I looked at him face to face.... Well my body to one of his eyes. And I said. "Just to help who you looking for?" "I'm looking for a friend of mine. But that was before all this, now they just run away." "Does it look like I'm running away to you? I called you down here remember? So, what's your name?" "My friends called me Blaze even before all this happen. What's your name little boy?" "They call me Neko now. And I'm not a little boy not really." I look to my wife "Hay hunny you ok?" She wasn't shaken at all by a dragon landing near here. (That's my wife for you). "Yes, I'm fine, can you understand that dragon?" "Yes, can't you?" I ask thinking that we were all just talking normally. "No, all I hear are growling. And some small roaring." Well isn't that just interesting I can speak to dragons. Well there goes that secret dammit. I had known from before that I could talk to other animals. But I was not going to tell anyone that unless I had to.

It was kind of hard to talk to Blaze this way him having to turn his head down so far. I was so small and he was so big. So, I said to my wife. "Hunny can you pick me up so I'm closer to him please? He's having a hard time staying still." She picked me up put me on her hip. Now that I was up higher it was easier for the dragon to just put his head on the ground. "So, Blaze what do you need help with?" "No one can understand me and after that magic wave hit, I was this." "Well at least you can fly. I'm a Neko and in baby clothes for the most part." "Well you can talk to people I can't." I thought about it for only a second then said. "What if I helped you with that, I can talk to you and them both." "Would you really that would be great."

By this time the cops were showing up and started pointing their guns at Blaze. I quickly say "Hun can you please help me and Blaze here. Put me down and get the cops to calm down. Tell them.... (Look at Blaze) tell them that I can control the dragon." I start thinking really quick. I start pacing back and forth trying to find a way to help. I look back up at Blaze and say. "So, Blaze I think I can help you but for now I need you to do what I ask. Can you do that?" "Ok as long as they don't kill me, I'll do it. Whatever it is." "For now, I just need you to lay down and get as small as you can. Keep your head next to me no matter what happens. And don't talk or growl I mean just shake your head." Blaze Nods as he curls up in to a ball. I keep pacing a little and the dragon's eye keeps following me. I stop and look right in to his eye and ask. "Blaze can I get up on you I don't weigh much." Blaze nods his head a little. "Ok I'm going to get up on your head if I hurt you let me know ok"