8 Neko Day 8 Playing with a Dragon

3044 Words

After out conversation in the shop we headed back upstairs. Blaze actually made it all the way up the stairs without sliding down at all. "Good job Blaze you made it all the way up. Now we need to figure out where you will be sleeping tonight. If you are going to stay." He was definitely turning red every time I complimented him. "For now If it's ok I will stay. I would like to give it a try here. And for now I think as a friend and guest. I'm sorry about last night. I don't think I was in my right mind."

"You definitely were not in your right mind. That's why we can except you now. You are in your right mind now. But the bigger you get the more powerful you will get. So while you are here you will be staying as big as you are now. If you can live that you can stay as long as you choose." "For now I think I can. Is there anything I can do to pull my own weight around here? I'm not used to handouts and I would like to learn more about what I can do." "I have a couple ideas. But I think you will like one of them, maybe. It will take time to learn what you can do. And what you can not do. I can help you some but not all. Lets go out back and we can start training before Thomas gets home."

For training we did a lot of weightlifting. How much can a little dragon hold and still fly. How much can he pickup with his arms, well lags I guess. We spent about 2 hours on that when Blaze started to get tired. He was starting to get hungry when we were called in for lunch. So we stopped what we were doing and went inside. My wife had already brought his chair up from the shop. When Blaze saw it placed at the table he was shocked. He had not expected it to be there. He had his own seat at the table now, Just like the rest of us. My wife and Thomas had normal seats. As for me and Blaze, ours were a little bet deferent do to our sizes. His was bigger and lower to the table do to his size. Where as mine was taller and smaller. Think highchair and you would come close to what I had. All four chairs were hand made for us. All four were made in my shop. Me and Thomas made ours, And my wife helped with hers.

We all had a nice lunch with a little bet of chitchat. Me having to do the translating for my wife when needed. Which was more often than I thought it would be. I told here how old Blaze was and his story. After that she started to act like a mom to Blaze. I think she was trying to help as much as she could. As we were starting to go back outback I told here to go look in the shop at the desk. Maybe she could finish what I started down there. Then I walked out back and saw that Blaze was hard at work. He was really trying to push himself to get stronger in his current form.

"Blaze its time for something a little bet deferent. If your willing I would like to try something." He stopped what he was doing and looked at me. "What you got in mind um...Neko? More weight training or something?" "No not really. I was thinking about flying. How would you feel about me and you going for a flight?" "You mean you riding me? Or can you fly too? Is there nothing you can't do? You can do everything can't you? You are a scary thing aren't you." I roll my eyes. "No I can't fly, not that I know of. I was thinking of riding you, maybe some air acrobatics. See if I can stay on you while you fly. Maybe she if we can fight with me on your back. I mean what if we come across another dragon of something. Or need to get somewhere fast. You said you wanted to help and learn more. This might help, and you would know if it is possible. What do you thing, care to try?"

Blaze looked interested but also worried about something. "What if I drop you? Can you survive a drop from that height? I mean I wouldn't do it on purpose but what if. I wouldn't have a place to come home to. And Thomas would hunt me down. I don't want to lose what I already have. I don't want to hurt you." "Then don't drop me. But I don't think that will be a problem. And if I do fall off I might have a way to survive, maybe. Anyway you can just swoop down and ketch me. That is one thing I was thinking we could try anyway. We would do that over water first. But for now just the flying with me on your back. This is when I will be trusting with my very life. You will keep me safe, I'm not worried. I trust you Blaze."