|26|

"Jeff can we talk?" Was the first thing Juniper asked as her and Jeff began their weekly hike.

Jeff was currently sporting some gym shorts, no shirt, and a backpack with of course his son Nerf in it, his tongue out happily enjoying being carried by the male.

"What's up?" He asked glancing up at the girl quickly. "So a couple nights ago when we were at Dave's Amanda called me." Juniper began, deciding that right now in the presence of relaxing nature, and her most trustworthy friend by her side that she can talk about the problem that has risen.

"Yeah?" Jeff mumbled, allowing Juniper to continue. "And she told me she got me a gig with Vogue, for next month's issue." Jeff's eyebrows raised in surprise, looking over at his best friend.

"What? Holy shit that's insane!" Jeff exclaimed, his smile growing, but immediately shutting down once he saw Juniper's face was not doing the same thing. "That is good isn't it?" Jeff asked, his brows furrowing in confusion.

Why wouldn't his best friend be excited about something so big in her life, and something with so much opportunity?
Something she has been dreaming about for so long.

"No, yeah it's amazing don't get wrong!" Juniper quickly confirmed, looking at Jeff. "But the thing is I'd have to travel, far.." Juniper trailed off, looking down at her adidas that walked across the dirt.

"How far?"

"Italy."

"What?!" Jeff asked surprised, his eyes reading shock. "June that's- holy shit." He mumbled, looking down at the floor as well.

"I know." Juniper sighed out, glancing at him, seeing him as if he was deep in thought.

"It's a once in a lifetime opportunity, but so far away? For so long too?"

"How long?" Jeff asked

"Three weeks, to possibly a month."

"Juniper- that's so long." Jeff gaped. Immediately, Juniper knew he was serious, using her full name.

"I know! But, it's just, you know how long I've wanted something like this-" Juniper sighed out.

"Yeah I know." Jeff mumbled before continuing, "So you really are going?"

"I think so? I mean, I want to. But then I have Dave." Juniper said, the last part particularly quietly.

"I know, not like you can take his immigrant ass." Jeff joked, trying to bring a smile on her face, to which it did.

"I know." Juniper chuckled.

"Well look, just think about it deeply, and if you decide to go, talk to David. He'll understand." Jeff reassured. Well sort've reassured. He himself didn't know how he felt about the whole thing.

I mean it's something big, not just a week trip to New York where he can easily fly there. This was someone he cared for deeply, and loved. He got the older brotherly instinct of having their sibling too far.

He didn't know whether or not he really wanted Juniper to take the gig. But he'll just have to wait and see.