C h a p t e r [13]

[ Hunter's POV ]

"What?" I said with tears rolling down my face. "This is all my fault....all my damn fault. He would still be human and living his normal human life if he would have never met me." I sobbed. "No Hunter this is not your fault, he knew what he was getting himself into. You can't blame yourself." Hope said hugging me. "He will be fine love I promise, we will take care of him, teach him, and help him through all of this." Klaus my father said with a small smile.

"All we gotta do now is wait for him to wake up," Hayley said. "What the hell even happened? How did he end up like this?" I asked. "After you transformed and ran away, we heard a gunshot from somewhere and then we heard something fall from the tree and we all ran to it and we found Copeland with a gunshot right where his heart is at." "Who shot him?" I said with anger. "We don't know who it was, it was most likely a hunter though," Hayley said with crossed arms.

All of a sudden we hear groaning coming from where Copeland was laying, we all face him and see that he's sitting up on the table. "Hunter? What the hell happened? And why am I covered in blood...again?" Copeland asked. I couldn't come up with any words that would answer his questions, I knew the answer, but I didn't have the balls to tell him 'oh hey you got shot in the woods and are turning into a hybrid'. Hope noticed it and quickly came into the rescue. "Copeland, do you remember going into the woods last night?" Hope asked seriously. "Yeah I do, but then after that I don't remember anything. I think I blacked out or something." Copeland responded quickly.

"Well you got shot and then you fell from whatever tree you were on." Hope frowned. "And now? Now what?" Copeland asked furrowing his eyebrows together. Hope didn't respond anything back after he asked that. It's my turn, I have to tell him. I put him through this and now I gotta face him and tell him what's happening. "C-Copeland...you're um...in transition." My voice cracked. I'm such a coward.

"In transition? Transition into what?" Copeland said confusedly. "Remember when you fell down the stairs and you bled a lot and Uncle Kol gave you his blood to heal you? Well when a human being has vampire blood in their system and they die, they wake up in transition..." I said through teary eyes. "Transition into what Hunter!" Copeland looked at me in disbelief. "Your transitioning into a hybrid Copeland. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me." I said tears streaming down my face. "W-What? How do you get rid of it? Is this why I only smell blood and my teeth are hurting like crazy." Copeland said looking at his lap.

"You can only get rid of it by not drinking blood and dying, if you don't drink blood and complete the transition, you will die Copeland." Hayley frowned. "So your telling me their is no way out of this?" Copeland said shocked. "I'm so sorry. You didn't deserve this Copeland, please forgive me. This is all my fault." I cried even more. "Hey no, I'm gonna be okay. This is not your fault it's mine, I shouldn't of had followed you into the woods and watch your first transition. I'm gonna be okay I promise, I'm gonna drink the blood." Copeland grabbed me and hugged me.

"I just need time to think because I'm really fucking scared right now." Copeland chuckled. "We will walk you through this and help you, but you can't go back to your house, until you get your thirst in control because trust me once you turn all your gonna wanna do is drink blood and you can't kill anyone. So you have to tell your parents you went on a school missionary trip or something." Hayley said. "How long do I have until I have to actually complete the transition?" Copeland asked. "It's usually 24 hours, but you have until tonight because you started the transition last night." Hope said.

"Alright. I gotta make up something for my parents to believe as to why I left for a while." Copeland said getting up. Everything felt like a dream, I couldn't believe Copeland was in transition to become a hybrid because of my fault. The whole day I just spent it in my room laying in bed doing absolutely nothing other then blaming myself over and over again for what is happening to Copeland. I looked at my watch and saw that he had an hour until the time was up. I went downstairs, grabbed the blood bag off the freezer and went up to Copeland.

"It's time." I frowned.

"I figured. " Copeland deeply sighed.

"Let's go up to the roof of the house. Just follow me." I said and headed to the roof of the house.

We were sitting on the top of the house looking at the stars, when I hand him the blood bag. "This looks...tasty?" Copeland chuckled grabbing the blood bag. "I'm sorry." Is all I could say back. "You have to stop that. Stop saying sorry, it wasn't your fault." Copeland looked at me dead in the eye. "I can't help, but-" "Stop. It's about to be over anyways, I'll become a hybrid and that's the end of that. You can repay me back by helping me not murder someone." Copeland chuckled. "Drink up though you only have twenty minutes now." I said.

I don't know what came over me, but I felt like I had to do it. I grab the blood bag and I open it. "What the hell are you doing?" Copeland asked. I dip my finger in and bring my finger up to my lips. "Are you ready?" I ask. "Yeah Im ready." Copeland answered. I smear all the blood on my lips, I gently grab Copeland's neck and bring his lips to mine and I kiss him. We kiss for about 10 seconds, until I feel him pass out. I gently lay his head down and I wait.

———————————————————————
Holy cow it's been three months since I last updated, I'm so sorry :(!! But this time I'm hopefully back for good, thank you to everyone who has read my book so far it truly means a lot to me and I love reading your guy's comments. I hope you loved reading this chapter, cause I for sure loved writing it ❤️