C H A P T E R 38

Their clothes.

Their toys.

Their backpacks.

Gone.

I walked around the empty house, tears filling my eyes.

She took the girls and left me.

And I don't know if I'll ever see them again.

Monday

All weekend I cried. My mom is bat shit crazy but I never thought she would take my sisters away from me.

I walked into first period to take my morning nap since I was not in the mood to talk to anyone.

The class was over and Sadie woke me up with her pencil again.

"Hey I called you yesterday, is everything okay?" She asks.

Right before I could say anything, my eyes started to water. I grabbed her arm and we walked to the restroom.

"Y/n what's wrong?" She says as she notices the tears running down my face. She puts her books on the sink and wipes my cheeks with the pads of her thumbs.

"My m-mom took th- the girls."

"What? What do you mean?"

"Sh- she packed her shit and took the girls."

Sadie pulled me close to her as a pool of tears filled her shirt.

"Why is everyone leaving me?"

She squeezed tighter, stroking my hair to calm me down.

"I'm still here." She says.

It may not seem like it... but those three words helped.

"And no matter what happens, I promise I'm not going anywhere. You know why? Because I love you. I love you so much it hurts." She says as she pulls away to wipe my tears.

I look up to see her eyes filled with tears, which makes me want to cry even more.

We both leaned in at the same time and kissed.

She puts both hands on the sides of my face, as I push her up against the bathroom sink.

This is who I want. Not Ryder. Not finn. Sadie. She makes me feel so alive and free.

The bell rang but we didn't move, until someone walked in.

"Ugh! This is a public restroom, not a place for you two to have sex!" Millie says.

We both laugh and walk out together.

She walks ahead of me as I grab her hand and pull her closer to me.

"You wanna come over after school?" I asked her.

"Yeah, we'll walk together." She says as she gives me one last kiss before walking to her next class.

I smiled as I watched her walk away. To my left, I could see Ryder staring at us. I waved to her and walked to class.

*time skip to lunch*