chapter one

chapter one:enter jason todd

chapter one:
enter jason todd

JASON TODD groaned as he fell out of the portal, only to be met with a guy who looked like Green Arrow aiming an arrow at him. "Who are you" The guy growled. Jason looked down, realising he was still in his suit. "Jason Todd, man i'm Robin" Jason said, pulling off his mask for proof. The hooded figure didn't move an inch before shooting Jason in the chest.

Jason gasped as he woke up, the memory that haunted him in his dreams still preventing him from sleeping. Looking around the bedroom, he smiled sadly as he looked at his old Robin costume. He'd outgrown it, and without a way to get back home to Dick and the titans, he had no hope of fixing the gaping hole in the chest either.

He got up, knowing he'd have no chance of falling asleep. He ran his hands over the suit, wishing he could give it one last run. Next to it, was a brand new suit, which brought a new identity for Jason with it. In his new home, he'd given himself the name Red Hood. With not having Dick to keep him on a line, Jason beat the shit out of cops and criminals when he wasn't attempting to sleep.

Being brought back from the dead hadn't been a pleasant experience. Dealing with a bloodlust, on top of his anger issues was hard on Jason. Nyssa, although she had placed the bloodlust on Jason, had become the only person Jason could trust in the new place he was in.

Nyssa had put in much effort to help Jason control his bloodlust, and becoming the Red Hood was the only way he knew how. Nyssa was there every step of the way, and although she didn't approve of him beating up cops, she was content with him taking his anger out on criminals. Jason had left a trail of bodies in his wake, but still managed to keep people from finding out who he was under the mask.

Jason let the ghost of a smile grace his face before he set out to the kitchen to make breakfast. Jason made his usual, pancakes and bacon with a side of strawberries and greek yogurt. Even though it was 3 in the morning, Jason had his breakfast and his copious amount of coffee before leaving the building.

He was in a very good mood for being up at three, although, it was pretty normal for Jason. Nothing was open, except for the few convenient stores in the area, but Jason could care less. He found his usual building and used a grappling gun to get to the top. He sat on the edge, his legs dangling softly as he looked at the city.

He could stay like that forever, he loved the view. The way the city looked from where he was, it was beautiful. The city may have been small, but it was all Jason needed. Somewhere he could relax for awhile, and not have to worry about cops or criminals. It was almost perfect. All Jason needed was his soulmates. Then things would be perfect.