chapter six

chapter six:the murder of nicolette

chapter six:
the murder of nicolette

BIANCA SMILED as she and her mother walked through the streets of St. Louis. Biancas hometown. Nicolette, Biancas mother, decided to take an alleyway as a shortcut home. Bianca reluctantly agreed, as there had been cases of women being tied up with sword wounds in alleys all around the city. And since Bianca was was under orders to not use her suit or powers, she couldn't do anything about it.

Bianca enjoyed spending time with her mother. The two had gone out to get their nails and hair done, along with a ton of shopping since Bianca had recently moved back in with her mom. Since the Titans disbanded, and The Bat gave them all strict orders to not use their masks or powers, everyone left to go home. It's not like they were needed anymore. But Bianca missed the rush of using her speed.

Hearing heavy footsteps, Nicolette and Bianca got closer to each other, Nicolette giving Bianca a look that told her to not use her powers. In all of his villainous glory stood Deathstroke himself. Bianca pushed her mother behind her and glared at the assassin.

"Pathetic girl. You cannot beat me" The assassin said, grabbing Biancas fist and breaking her fingers slowly. Bianca fought the urge to scream, and refused to let any tears of pain fall. The man grabbed her other arm and twisted it behind her back, snapping her shoulder out of place and breaking her arm. Bianca didn't scream until he threw a knife into her mother's chest. Bianca watched helplessly in slow motion as the knife punctured her mother's heart.

Deathstroke shoved his sword in Biancas stomach before letting her fall to the ground and disappearing into the night. Bianca crawled to her mother, doing her best to talk to her in her mother's final moments. "Mom" Bianca whispered, tears falling down her pink cheeks. "My darling little girl. I'm sorry that I kept things from you. I know who your father is. I always have" Nicolette said, gasping between sentences. "Mom, no" Bianca whispered.

Nicolette handed Bianca an extrapolator, instructing her on how to use it. Bianca nodded, knowing that her mother wanted her to take it and find her father. "He has your initials" Nicolette said, placing a hand on her daughters cheek and wiping away her tears. Seeing Deathstroke coming back, Nicolette shoved her daughter away and stood on wobbly feet to buy Bianca enough time to get away.

Bianca got up, gasping at the pain of the sword. She put her hand on the wall before activating the extrapolator, hearing her mother's screams of pain before stepping into the breach. The last thing she felt before she passed out was a dagger being thrown into her leg before she landed on Earth 1.