chapter two

chapter two:meeting roy harper

chapter two:
meeting roy harper

JASON SIGHED as he looked over the city. He had just taken care of a few deadbeat cops, beating the shit out of them to keep his bloodlust at bay. Nyssa had left days prior, promising to be back soon. Jason knew it was a lie, she never came back soon.

Jason scratched his wrist, the itch seemingly coming out of nowhere. His eyes widened under the hood when he heard the grunts of someone. His soulmate. Jason followed his instincts, finding a brunette tackling a guy twice his size before kicking his ass. Jason grinned, knowing his mate knew what he was doing. Jason jumped from the roof, landing in front of the guy who looked at him in shock.

Jason smiled, pulling off his helmet, revealing his old Robin mask. He kept it on for not only sentimental value, but the helmet had cracked before, leading him to getting a new one. He wasn't risking his identity being exposed. No one, except for Nyssa and his mates could know his identity. It was exactly why Jason was about to be straight forward with his mate.

"I'm Jason, but i'm not exactly from here" Jason said, peeling off his Robin mask. "Roy, and I could care less if your from another earth" Roy said, smiling at Jason. "Another Earth" Jason asked. "Come on, i'll tell you over coffee" Roy said.

Jason followed Roy aimlessly through the city until the two arrived at a coffee shop. Roy was overly polite, letting Jason order for himself, and deciding to pay, giving Jason no choice in the matter. Jason, surprisingly didn't complain, deciding that he needed to be spoiled. Just a little bit.

The two made it through the awkward stages and then it was like they had known each other forever. So much that Jason had been forthcoming with the fact that he had died, and come back from the dead. Roy just smiled like an idiot, and told him about how he used to be Arsenal and how what Jason described was pretty normal.

Jason then told Roy about his transition from Robin to The Red Hood. Roy had made him promise to go a bit easier on the cops. Jason agreed, as Nyssa had made him promise the same thing.

They then started sharing stories about their days as hero's. Roy described how he looked up to the Arrow, and aspired to do something about the trash of a city that was Star City. Jason then told him about how he got recruited by stealing the tires from the bat mobile. Roy was laughing his ass off in the shitty cafe, the guy behind the counter giving him an odd look. Jason glared and the guy disappeared.

Roy had a shit eating grin on his face when he saw Jason's other soul mark, pulling his jacket up slightly to reveal his. Jason smiled and ran his finger over the mark lightly. Both didn't know how they had ended up with two soulmates, but neither cared. They knew that when they found their B.A, that they would then be complete. And in that moment, that's all that mattered.