part 14

"It's mukti's call. We can go now." Manik said as he covered his face with the scarf.

"Manik malhotra giving a damn about his surroundings? I am impressed." Nandini said smiling as she walked beside him.

"Biwi you are allowed to stay silent and my personal advice , you should stay silent." Manik said in a sarcastic voice making nandini chuckle.

"Ohh, its beautiful how you give me advice in place of orders now. I like this change mr.pati ." Nandini said shaking her head as manik hid his smile.

"Don't worry. Your bhai will soon be alright. He has to.  He deserves to see how lucky his sister got, by marrying me offcourse." Manik said looking at nandini but ended up giving her a smirk.

"Ohh please, it's you who got lucky malhotra. You don't always find a girl like me." Nandini said giving him a smile.

"And you don't get a guy like me even if you search for thousand years. I still believe you got lucky. I mean, look at me. I am every girl's dream and yet, here I am standing beside you like an ideal husband even when we didn't took complete vows." Manik said pointing at him as he lightly tucked nandini's hair strand behind her ear making her cheeks go red.

"So you are saying you believe in this marriage?" Nandini asked hesitantly.

"Don't you?" Manik asked with a fear in his voice.

Nandini looked down not able to answer as they both reached abhimanyu's ward. Mukti was inside the ward in hospital garments used to avoid infection.

Nandini looked at manik briefly who looked down completely avoiding her gaze.

Nandini went inside the ward her hands shaking as she looked at her brother. Her face light up with a smile yet tears flowed from her eyes. She looked at mukti who smiled at her as she helped her to wear hospital clothes before moving out of the ward.

"Hey bhaii." Nandini said as she sat beside him on the chair .

"I know you love getting pampered by me  and my attention but don't you think it's getting a little too far? You should be on your feet by now bhai but I am forgiving you, only if you promise me to wake up fast.  There is soo much you missed in my life. Things I dont even know how to explain and its getting easier but tougher at the same time. You know I got married? Offcourse you do. Didn't he offered me that deal in front of you? That feels like a really long time ago but bhai I hate the fact that I dont hate him anymore. I don't hate him for hitting you , for your this condition . Bhai, I am sorry I know I should be hating him but it's really difficult. Did you know he has a soul? Me neither. I thought he is living without a heart. But everyday he suprises me. He looks at me and just asks me to do the work and I don't even argue. He asked me to work for him, sorry he forced me to work for him but you know I dont do anything except for chilling in his vanity car and then getting paycheck for a hair style which he could have done even without my help. It's very confusing bhai. I like it when he calls me biwi , it feels soo normal , like this is what I should be called but my him only. Its soo different,  we are not enemies anymore. We are friends who argue alot and probably don't think twice before keeping our scores even but at the end of the day sit together and just pour our heart out. He says he is not comfortable in telling his feelings but every night he just sits on the bed and the second I start to talk, tells me everything . He panicks when I cry but never forgets to tell me whatever it is , it's not worth crying. Bhaii I miss you but is it wrong if I say he makes it easy for me . Wake up soon bhai , tell me what I should do. He asked me if I believe in this marriage. I remember when I asked him the same question on our 1st day of marriage , that day he told me real marriage is also joke and today he was hesitant if this joke or I don't know what kind of marriage is fake or not. What will I tell him bhai? I don't have the answer. I don't know if I want to spend the rest of my life with someone who changes his attitude towards people like clothes but also cares for them more than anyone else can, someone who is impulsive and does many mistakes but knows how to take it's responsibility. I don't hate him for doing this to you but I haven't forgotten either and I am not willing to answer him anything before I am not confirmed. I am soo confused bhaii. Wake up na please. I am tired talking to you and not able to get a reply from you. Please wake up, your nandu needs you." Nandini said as she wiped her tears and kissing abhimanyu's cheeks kept her  head on his hand , sitting there silently.

"Biwi we should go." Manik said after an hour as he knocked the door.

Nandini nodded at him before looking briefly at abhimanyu and moved out of the ward. Rest of the journey to the house was silent with manik stealing glances of nandini and nandini's mind going back to the question manik asked.

She didn't knew the answer but she knew it wasn't a no and somewhere in her heart and mind , it scared her the most.

                He wasn't asked to change for her, so he didn't.  He just let her make him into a better version for himself.

Target wasn't completed but updated anyway :)

Next chap after 300+ votes and 30+comments.