Chapter Six

Yannah's Point of View

It's seven in the morning. Bryle and I were holding a chef's knife, while Mel was holding his bat. We didn't let the two kids hold knives or anything, since it's dangerous. Baka aksidente nilang masugatan ang sarili nila.

We already packed some pancakes, containers, tissues, and water. Mostly ay si Bryle at Mel ang nagbubuhat ng mga gamit. I wanted to carry the tote bag, but Mel wouldn't let me.

"Are you all ready?" Mel asked.

Nakatayo kami ngayon dito sa banda ng pintuan, habang si Mel naman ang may hawak sa knob ng door.

All of us nodded our heads. And with that, binuksan na ni Mel ang pintuan. We expected a lot of zombies swarming outside, but it was empty.

Isa-isa kaming lumabas habang nililibot ng tingin ang buong kapaligiran. It was all a mess. It's so sad that there's so much blood on the road.

For some reason, I think I was lucky that I was unconscious when that happened. Because I don't know if I am going to be able to live in peace once I see many dead people and zombies.

"Let us stay together. Huwag kayong hihiwalay," Mel said.

We started to walk. Nasa unahan si Bryle, si Shanen at Riane sa gitna at magkasama naman kami ni Mel sa likod.

It was awkward. I don't know how to talk to him. I don't know how to start a conversation. I wanted to ask a lot of questions, but I'm too shy since we're not that close to each other anymore.

While walking, pinagmamasdan ko ang kanyang mukha.

Jeramel's face became more mature. Mas lalo siyang naging gwapo. And I won't deny that.

He also has this sexy muscular body. And damn, he's six feet tall. Sino ba naman ang hindi magkakagusto sa kanya.

Biglang napatingin sa akin si Mel. Omg, nahalata niya ata na kanina ko pa pinagmamasdan ang mukha niya. I avoided his gaze and focused my eyes on the road.

"Sandali..." Bryle whispered, and he motioned us to stop. He pointed at something.

Napatigil kami habang hinahanap kung ano 'yong tinuro niya. May lalakeng nakatayo sa gitna ng kalsada. Maybe ten meters away from us. We couldn't see his face since he was facing the north.

"Tao ba siya?" Shanen asked.

"It appears that he is, in fact, a human," Riane said.

I squinted my eyes to scan him. He was wearing a black jacket kaya hindi ko masabi kung may dugo ba 'yon.

Peri sa kamay niya... may tumutulo na dugo!

"No, he's not a human," I said and pointed at the zombie, "may dugo sa kanyang kamay."

I don't know what zombies look like because I never saw one and add the fact that we stayed in the restaurant for two days.

But that guy, he was just standing in the middle of the road. He was not even moving, which is very odd. There's blood on his hands. It's a massive red flag.