T H I R T Y - T W O !

[ CHAPTER XXXII:
CATCHING UP ]

RICHIE PACED back and forth in the small room, none of the doctors or nurses had informed the group if Alice was okay or awake or something! The fear couldn't help but eat away at Richie and the others.

"She always did tell us we'd be the death of her when we were teenagers" Richie said a bitter smile on his face, "its ironic" Richie said clenching his jaw.

Eddie exhaled softly, remembering the end of the school year in '89.

"He's probably the one doing it" Eddie said.

Alice shook her head. "You guys are gonna be the death of me" She muttered before sighing.

Eddie shook his head as he ran his hand through his hair. His leg was bouncing rapidly and Eddie wished he didn't burn his inhaler, finding that the item would've really helped right about now to calm his nerves.

Stan suddenly shot up and walked towards the door. "Where are you g—"

Mikes question was soon interrupted as Ashley and Judy fell onto the floor. Ashley quickly stood up and sighed softly, "oh thank god. You haven't torn off each other's heads yet, it just got so quite and I thought a silent massacre was going on" Ashley said as she helped up Judy.

Stan shook his head, "should've known you would've stuck around and listen in" Stan said softly before standing aside and allowing the girls to step in.

"I just wanted to make sure they wouldn't blow up on you for ya know,,,doing what you did" Ashley said softly.

Bill furrowed his brows, "wha-what do you m-m-mean?" Bill asked.

"The tension was so thick that you could cut it with scissors" Judy answered. "We stepped out so it wouldn't be awkward if you started shouting at Stan for almost committing suicide, Ashley wanted to stay so she could step in when things got nasty. I mean, we were both there in the bathroom with Stan, to me it sounded like he had a pretty good reason to not go. You shouldn't hold him accountable for being scared" Judy shrugged.

"I mean you all fought this thing when you were thirteen? Twelve? God, I'm surprised none of you tried to off yourselves sooner. With all that pressure? All that Fear? And not to mention that Stan was lured away from you all and had gotten attacked, he could've died if you didn't take notice of his absence sooner or later" Judy reasoned. "Adults or not, no one should've gone through what any of you have. You shouldn't take your anger out on Stan for being scared, what he tried to do was messed up but reasonable" Judy said.

"What-what she said" Ashley breathed out.

The adults remained silent but they agreed with Judy. They had gone through so much fear, grief, death, than any normal person should go through in their lifetime. They shouldn't blame Stan for trying to help them, and yes maybe Stan being blinded by his fear and seeing death as the only way to help was dumb and way more traumatizing but he was just trying to help.

Stan just wanted to help, to be the knight for everyone once.

Alice felt dizzy, sick, in tremendous pain.

Not to mention there was this bright white light that was just annoying the crap out of her. "Alice" a voice said softly.