Chapter Five: Nightmare

Only after 10 minutes of our nap, we were woken up by Cyrus and Catherine to discuss plans on infiltrating SPYDER's small headquarters under the Malpensa Airport. Cyrus said these agents are mainly computer nerds in charge of hacking into the airport databases, so we wouldn't need to worry about carrying too many weapons or wear bulletproof vests.

We were still discussing backup plans and reading blueprints of the airport when Zoe suddenly asked, "Wait, who is flying the plane right now?"

Cyrus and Catherine both replied her, "The jet has autopilot on." Zoe nodded in understanding.

We spent another 30 minutes discussing plans and then Cyrus dismissed us to our free time. Zoe asked Erica and I, " Mike and I are going to watch a movie in the rec center, wanna come?"

"Sure", we agreed.

It was almost 9pm when we finished two movies. Mike and Zoe decided to get some rest in their shared room. Cyrus and Catherine each got a separate room, leaving me and Erica sharing the last room. I thought I saw Erica blush for a fraction of a second and her cheeks turned into a slightly darker shade of red. I smiled and offered to sleep on the floor, which Erica accepted.

We all got to bed and fell fast asleep. To my dismay, I was woken up in the middle of the night by Erica's muttering. I went to check if she was okay and her body was shaking uncontrollably. There was cold sweat on her forehead and she was murmuring words. She was shaking more and more and repeating "No, please don't die, Ben, please." I could see she was really struggling, so I tried to wake her. "Erica wake up, you're having a really bad nightmare."
"Ben where are you" she cried, still half asleep.
"I'm right here, it's okay, just a bad dream", she was  holding my hand tightly and let go after she realized what she was doing. She's so cute when she isn't cold and distant.
"Ben, I'm scared...", Erica said.
I never thought I'd hear that coming out of her mouth but I guess I just witnessed a miracle.
"You want me to sleep next to you?" I joked.
"Yes. But this doesn't mean anything and if you tell anyone about this I'll kill you"

Oh my gosh. Erica Hale asked me to sleep next to her. This is the best day of my life.

I laid in bed next to her and she scooted near me. My heart was beating so fast I was scared she'd hear it. She couldn't sleep again so we chatted.
"Do you ever wonder if there are other humans in the universe?", Erica asked.
"Sometimes."
"You think they also look like us?"
"Nah they probably look like blobs of jello"
Erica let out a small giggle which was the cutest thing I've ever heard in my life. After a while, she wrapped her arms around my waist and we fell asleep.

This was the happiest I've been in a long, long time. Maybe my wish had really come true. Is this the day that our stars align? I never thought I'd be able to love you more than I already do Erica, I'd die to keep you safe and happy, even for just a second, because I love you Erica Hale. And I'm so incredibly lucky to know you.

#berica lol hope you guys liked it