Chapter 1 - The Grand Finale

3rd POV

Filled with wonder and adoration, the little boy watches in awe at the graceful performer capturing the hearts of many with her enchanting skills. As the finale builds up and the excitement of the audience peaks, the pink-haired young woman, together with her partners' Spitfire, Felice and Aphrodite, position themselves for the big finish.

First, the performer waves her cane and proceeds to make a hula wave-type gesture with her hands. In complete sync with her Primarina, a bright yellow aura surrounds the water-type pokémon in preparation for its signature Z-move.

"Sing your heart out Aphrodite, with Oceanic Operetta!" She proudly said. In a heartbeat, Aphrodite's beautiful hair went loose, and she stood on her tail to generate a massive ball of water while singing a beautiful aria. Together with Felice's Psychic, they both made the water float and dance across the stage, creating various shapes and forms while wowing the crowd with their majesty and grace.

Aphrodite then separated the water into multiple smaller water bubbles. The performer gave her next instruction "Now Felice, grace us with your radiant light and use Heal Pulse!". The Gardevoir then generated a bright beam of healing light and aimed it at the water bubbles, which reflected off each other and lit up the entire stage and arena further.

Finally, the performer gave her last line "End this with a bang Spitfire and use Pyro Ball!" she said, pointing at the water bubble right in the middle of the arena. Without hesitation, the Cinderace leaped into the air, swiftly hopping through the smaller water bubbles in its surroundings.

Once at a significant range Spitfire used its signature move and shot the fireball straight into the heart of Aphrodite's Oceanic Operetta and created a beautiful fire and water show as the bubbles burst into vapour and sparkles, reflecting light to create a rainbow at the end.

The crowd roared with cheer and praise, and the four bowed concluding their fantastic performance. The little boy cheered and squealed with delight and amusement at the performer.

"Jaime keep your voice down, we are in cruise, after all, you might disturb other people," his mother said. "Besides it's not like Adeline can hear you from across the screen." she further added. They were sitting in the lobby area of the cruise ship where the TV was showing one of Adeline's recent final performances in her world tour.

"Sorry mum, she's just so amazing!" the boy exclaimed while squeezing his Scorbunny pokédoll. He then continued to watch the performer on TV.

As he continued to fidget out of excitement, he accidentally dropped his pokédoll which rolled over towards a girl walking past. She then bent down to reach for the pokédoll and walked over to the boy to return it. She was wearing sunglasses and a cap over her head which hid most of her facial features, and her hair was up in a messy bun.

"Here you go little guy, wouldn't want to lose your Scorbunny now would ya?" she said reaching out the pokédoll to him with a warm smile. "You know, Adeline started her journey with a Scorbunny too. I'm sure you'll be just as great as her" she commented and left. The boy didn't notice at first but little did he know that the kind woman who helped him out was non-other than Adeline herself keeping a low profile on the cruise ship!

Hours later, Adeline changed into her signature costume and decided to reveal herself since they neared their destination. Inevitably people are expecting the arrival of "The Crown Jewel of Galar" making her long-awaited return after five long years, and there's bound to be a crowd and paparazzi to get in her face so might as well get a head start.

After being flooded by fans after revealing her identity, she decided to let out her Gardevoir Felice and head toward the front deck of the ship as they arrive at Galar. Excited to have a quiet and relaxing vacation, and even more excited to see old faces again, Adeline briefly reflected on the many accomplishes she earned over the years and felt relieved and grateful to have come so far.

With the wind blowing through her hair, and as the coast of her home country draw ever closer, she conversed with Felice.

"There it is Felice," Adeline said with a calm voice. "It's funny how nostalgic the scent of the air is all the way from here." Felice listened while looking at her trainer intently.

"My beloved Galar" -she touched her hat to lift it up slightly to get a better view of her home- "it's been far too long".