Chapter Six

What an asshole. Why am I here stuck with this prick? I can simply run away, he is not my boss or my father. He doesn't control me! Mel mused to herself as she relaxed in the big white hot tub of that enigmatic house. That seemed like heaven itself. He doesn't care about me, so why on Earth is he protecting me??? I can't just stop thinking about this. I just can't!

Groaning, Mel let her body settle down and the water completely engulfed her body. It was such a divine sensation, but her still-fresh wound sting a bit. She is a small woman, so the tub was enough for more than one person, but that was one of those moments when you need to be alone with yourself. She needed to think. Assess the situation.

If she simply walked through the front door, Chester was probably capable of locking her in the trunk of the car and forcing her to go to Mexico, for whatever reason he wants to go there. She could try to sneak out without him noticing or wait for him to go to sleep. But the other question bothering her mind was if she truly wanted to run away. Not because she wanted to stay with Chester, but because he was actually the only one doing something to protect her.

He took her out of her house, allowed her to go to her father. He even took her from the hospital when several men were there to get her. Then, he compromised himself, by going to his house to collect his weapons and helped her escape again without a scratch. Was he trustworthy? Mel wasn't sure. Was he a good person? She didn't know either. What she did know was his rude side that he uses every time she's around. And another thing she knew was that he's crazy about control and order.

Take his house for example.

When they were there, she had enough time to scrutinize every inch of it. His furniture was white and plain, with no design lines. There was little decoration, so it was easy to clean. Which it was: it was thoroughly tidy. Everything was in place - there were no clothes or any object out of place. She even managed to take a look at his shoes when he searched for a more comfortable pair. They were perfectly organized by color and type.

So anything out of order was more than sufficient to make him enraged. That is why he becomes so furious with Mel, because she fights back, asks questions he doesn't want to answer, and doesn't obey his orders.

There was no escape.

She had to stay with him until there's no more danger.

So, with that last thought in her mind, she finished washing her body, dressed her washed underwear but wrapped her body with a towel she saw hanging at the door and sneaked out of the bathroom and rushed to the bedroom, to dress the clothes she forgot on top of the drawers while she was selecting the underwear. Chester certainly was still in the kitchen area, eating or preparing his weapons for the next day, so she had time for herself.

Closing the dim bedroom door quietly, she turned to the drawers to get the clothes and allowed the towel to fall to the floor. 

When Mel raised her eyes to the mirror over the drawers, she released a shriek as a dark figure was sitting on the bed gawking at her. Her first reaction was to pick up the towel from the floor and conceal her body.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing. There's only one room in the house," Chester replied in a unique hoarse tone. "It's not my fault that you like to walk around naked."

"I'm not naked!" She protested.

"Barely," he said in a mocking tone.

Mel was thankful that the room was dark enough. Chester wouldn't be able to see how flustered she was and how she was gripping the towel closer to her as he walked towards her.