Chapter Twenty

Chester opened his eyes slowly, stretching his body in the bed. He didn't know when was the last time he had slept so well in many years. Sure, he had Mel before, but it was different this time... He couldn't explain it, but it wasn't just about the sex and the pleasure. It was like he finally allowed himself to connect with someone. Body and soul. And never again he wants to feel differently. That's what he wanted, for the rest of his life. That feeling... That peace... That happiness.

The bed was empty on her side and he furrowed his eyes, smiling anyway when he felt her scent on the sheets and the pillow next to him.

Raising his body up, he looked around, searching for any sign of her, but everything was in its place.

His first thought was that she was probably in the bathroom. So, he relaxed with his back against the wooden headboard, waiting for Mel to return so he could have her again. She made him hungry and aching for more. A few days ago it bothered him deeply and would leave him insanely mad with himself and with her. But after the previous night, he simply couldn't give a fuck.

"Mel?" He called her name, furrowing his brows at the lack of noise. It has been 5 minutes since he woke up, she would have made any kind of sound by now.

Having no response, he cursed her, thinking she probably did the same stupid thing as she did in the safe house. Probably she needed air and went outside.

Groaning, he got up from the bed, putting his boxers on to cover at least the most intimate part of his body and checked the bathroom. 

"Mel?" 

There was no one in the bathroom and he searched the front door. There was not much to search, she was probably outside. But when his eyes scanned the nearby area, he returned to the room, got dressed in a rush and walked out in the direction of the store. He entered the public bathroom, but there was no one there. He checked the store, but it was empty. The man who was behind the balcony looked bored to death and too old for that shitty life.

Chester's heart started pounding in his chest as there was no sign of Mel.

"Fuck..." He muttered. "MEL!!!"

He ran to the reception of the motel and rang the bell. A kid showed up and opened the door for him, forcing a yellow smile to his lips.

"What can I help you with, Sir?"

"Did you see the girl I was with?"

The kid narrowed his eyes and made him a superior look.

"I don't know what girl was with you," he replied, walking to the back of the balcony where he had a chair, a couple of papers and keys to the rooms, along with an old computer where he'd play Solitaire all day since they had no access to the internet.

Chester groaned and took 50 dollars from his pocket, offering it to the kid.

He looked at the money and raised a brow, his hand showing Chester he wanted more and that's when he lost his temper and pulled out a gun, pointing it to the kid. He widened his eyes, frightened.

"You know who she is. You drooled when I showed up with her. Now, did you, or did you not see her this morning?"

"S-She l-l-left with an older man... They... t-t-they seemed like they were in a h-h-hurry when he d-dro-o-ve away..."

Chester's breathing hitched and for a moment he felt like the floor was disappearing under him. Tony or Richard got to her... fuck!

"The car. Which car was it? Color? License plate?" He asked immediately, slightly waving the gun to remember the kid that he was still holding it and he demanded answers.