Chapter 3: Protector

LISA's POV

I gripped her wrist tight. So tight because of anger and pain. Chaeng.. I will never forgive this person. My tears fall non-stop as I feel my anger. This girl turned to me and she looked shocked and stared at my hands gripping her wrist tight, still her hand clenching my neck.

She suddenly tossed me hard to the ground. I stumbled along the cold floor. I clasped my neck as I cough my lungs out, trying to regain my breathing.

"I-I'll k-kill you!"

"HAHA! How are you going to do that when you can't even remember a single thing? HAHAHA!"

Remember? Remember what? This girl is something.

She then started to walk towards me again. Damnit! I haven't even gotten my breathing back and I am weak! Goddamnit, Manoban!

"Your highness-- Stop calling me that!"

She stopped and looked at me. Then a smirk builds on her face again.

"Do you ever wonder.. do you even think about how your parents die in this lifetime?"

My eyes got wide when she looked at me with grin. She did it. She's the one. She killed my parents! And now, she killed my best friend!

"Look."

She touched the sunflower resting on the side tables and it suddenly got withered. Then few seconds more, it turned to ashes. She looked at me and started walking to me again.

"What did I ever do to you?" I cried.

"What did they do to you!?"

I cried as I dropped on my knees, surrending, while thinking about my parents and my best friend.

"WHY!?" I yelled at her.

"Do you really think that you'd get me with those tears? With those yelling and begging? Your highness, you really can't remember anything that's why I got this powers and strength. You are giving me life, well.. by ending yours. And.. you're telling me, you'll kill me? HAHAHA! You don't even know how to."

"With my help."

Then suddenly the girl in front of me got thrown away and she hit the wall hardly. I heard her groaned.

Someone then stood beside me. I clenched my eyes tight.

"I'm ready. I'm ready to die. Please.. do it fast." I begged and cried hard.

"What? I'm here to help you, your majesty."

I've felt her hands on my shoulders. I slowly opened my eyes to look at her. My eyes slowly widen.

"I'm sorry I wa-- Chaeng!"

I hugged her tight. I've felt she got stiffen.

But Chaeng... I saw her...

I released the hug and look at her. She really looked like her. Her blonde hair. Her lips. Her eyes. No.. not her eyes. There's something different in them.

"I'm your protector, Priestess."

What is this now? God, if you love me, make me understand everything please! What is happening to me? I stared at her as I cry and shook my head while biting my lips.

"Don't be scared. I'll protect you with my whole life."

She wipes my tears. Ghad! She really looks like my best friend.