two

Hannah's head was filled with thoughts. Complicated, complex, 'what if' kind of thoughts. Summer had ended and she was back to school. Even though half her memories are erased, she tries to manage to remember her lessons.

"Hey, Jo." Hannah greeted cheerfully, when Josie passed her hurriedly. Josie recognized her voice and stopped on her tracks.

"Hannah. Hi."

"Aren't you supposed to be in class?" Hannah asked the brunette. Josie raised her eyebrow, "Aren't you?"

Hannah giggled, "Uh, yeah, well, apparently I start classes tomorrow. The infirmary gave my excuse slip."

"Oh." Hannah peeked behind Josie to spot Landon waving at her. She was unaware of her past with the older boy, so she waved back with a smile plastered on her face.

Josie turned around and spotted Landon and gave him a warning look. "Oh, well, I'll see you later." Hannah started to leave, much to Josie's curiosity on to where the girl might be going.

"Where are you going? You can't leave school, Hannah."

Hannah giggled, "Well, I can actually. Dr. Saltzman gave an excuse slip, so I can help him out at Mystic Falls Highschool."

Josie's furrowed her eyebrows. "Well, I better go, bye." Before Josie could reply Hannah was already gone.

"You are a blank slate, Ms. Hope Marshall." Dr. Saltzman told the girl. Hannah was leaning on the man's deask beside him. She arrive just in time as Dr. Saltzman interrogated the girl.

Hope sat there eyeing her younger sister, not aware that Hannah didn't remember her. "Parents, Tom and Kathleen. No transcripts from your last school."

"I think they must've just gotten packed away or something. Like I said, we moved around a lot." Hope replied and Dr. Saltzman hummed.

"Marshall? Well, that's a coincidence, my mother's last name was Marshall." Hannah commented as she read Hope's file, Dr. Saltzman gave her.

"Oh, Hannah here is my one of my daughter's....." Dr. Saltzman was trying to find the right words, "friends." Hannah smiled proudly.

"She goes to the Salvatore School, but she's currently suffers from temporary amnesia. Another reason why she isn't there today." Dr. Saltzman explained, Hannah hummed.

"You really don't have to announce that kind of thing, Dr. Saltzman." Hannah huffed, arms crossed in front of her.

"Temporary amnesia?" Hope asked, curiously.

"I don't remember half of the things that have happened in my life. An 'incident' happened, like a few months ago." Hannah further explained, hoping the girl wouldn't ask any more questions.

"Well," Dr. Saltzman said, "if you are gonna be here at Mystic Falls, you're gonna have to go to school."

"Well, I guess it's a good thing I'm here. Right?" Hope replied, feeling sorry for her sister. Considering Hannah hasn't tried anything, Hope thinks it's because Malivore might have affected her but she wasn't entirely sure.

The bell rang, which made Hannah stand up straight, "Can I go now?" Hope asked the two, and stood up.

"You know I've got two daughters," Dr. Saltzman started telling Hope, "and I basically raised Hannah, I know when they're not telling me something. So, if there's anything going on at home, you know if you're in any trouble and you need to talk just know I'm here to help. Okay?"