chapter 6: jealousy

Czech's POV

Whew! That was a long walk, especially with Poland on my back. Ok, time to finally go home!
I took out my headphones and walked home. While I was walking, I saw France and Germany. They came out of a gift shop, Looks like they're having fun.

"Dang, You must really like Poland if you were willing to give that up!" France exclaimed. "Heh, yeah. I hope he likes it" Germany replied. He looked....lovestruck? Wait a darn minute, he likes Poland?! After what he's done to Poland, he likes the guy?! No, this is wrong. Poland doesn't deserve a guy like him. My fist curled up into a ball. I guess home will have to wait.

I opened the door of the gift shop and went in. "Um hey, do you know the guy who just left the shop? Do you know who the gift is for?" I asked one of the workers. "Oh him? I overheard that he's gonna give it to someone on Christmas as a gift. I think they said Poland? Maybe you should ask the person at the table" they pointed to the other worker. "Thank you" I thanked them and went up to the desk.
"Hey, can you tell me about the people that just walked out of the store? What did they buy here?" I asked them.

"Oh the man was so desperate to get an old music box that he offered a rare necklace to us! He must really love the guy he'll give it to. Poland must be a lucky man" the worker sighed. They showed me a picture of the music box, it was gorgeous. "Do you have any music boxes left?" I hoped there would be more, maybe an even better one than his. "Sorry, that was the last one. We're out of stock. But we will get more 2 days before Christmas!" They apologized. "I'll just get it somewhere else then" i sighed. "But we're the only ones selling music boxes this month" well frick. Ughhhh.

"Ok, I'll wait" I walked out of the store, kicking a pebble on my way home.

Poland's POV

"I'm sorry Poland, but I don't like you" Germany stated. A few seconds went by, He then bursts into laughter. "Hah! Why am I even sorry? I hate you Poland, you are just a tiny country no one cares about!" He insults me. The Soviet union comes to join Germany. "Why were you being nice to him in the first place? Now come here Poland, we're all gonna have a good time" they both started laughing. "No, please stop!" I yelled. Flowers started growing on my face. The petals won't stop. The flowers aren't stopping either. The sound of their laugher is echoing, it hurts. It hurts, stop!
stop!!

I get up from my bed, my breathing was fast. I felt cold sweat coming from me. I looked around, I'm fine. It's ok. Tears escaped from my eyes, I curled up into a ball. Everything is going to be alright, right? "AGH!" I shouted, I felt something. I could feel a flower. I quietly walked over to the bathroom and looked into the mirror. A flower has popped up on my face. I tried pulling it out, but it hurt too much.

It was near my left eye, maybe I could use someone's eye patch.
Luckily, Czech left a spare eye patch the last time he visited. I grabbed the eye patch and tried covering up the flower. It looks ok, the flower isn't showing. I recalled my dream, it was...scary. Germany said that I was a tiny country, he's around the same size as me. He's only a bit taller. I huffed and went back to my bed. I checked the time, it was 3 am.
I got a notification from Germany.

Holy pierogi giver: hey, you up?

Anioł: yeah, why are you awake?

Holy pierogi giver: I can't sleep

Aniol changed holy pierogi giver into germ money

I Snickered. Germ money, hilarious. Puns.

Germ money: so, you wanna hang out sometime?

Anioł: sure, when?

Germ money: maybe the day before Christmas

Anioł: sounds fun!

Germ money: I can't wait!

Germ money: oh right, everyone is gathering up at new years. Bring all of your fireworks!

Oh, new years. You might not see me that day.

I'm sorry.

Germany's POV

I texted Poland, I can't wait to spend time with him! I looked down at the music box in my hand, I can't wait until Christmas! We have alot of time to spend together!

Knock knock knock!!
Someone knocks at my door, who could it be? I opened the door to see Czech. "Czech, what are you doing here?" I asked him. He looked angry, is he ok? Without a word, Czech's hands curled up into a fist and sucker punched me in the face. "What the hell Czech!?" I shouted, confused about what was happening. He stepped inside my home and started to attack me while I was just defending myself. "You...you just want to get Poland's trust and hurt him again!" he shouted. "What do you mean? That isn't true!" I responded, blocking his attacks.

"You liar!!" He started to throw things at me. My umbrella, a book and a few other things went flying. "You only want to see Poland suffer, I bet that father of yours came up with that plan!" He kept going, ranting on and on about the war. He did this until he spotted the music box. "Oh, that is your present to Poland isn't it?" He picked it up, what's he gonna do to it?

"It would be a shame if it were-" he threw the music box in the fire place, "-destroyed?" Why? I rushed to the fire place, picked up the music box and went over to the sink. I opened it to see if it still worked, and it did. It was just a bit burnt on the edges. Phew. "This is a warning Germany, stay away from Poland, and there won't be any Problems. And if you don't? There will be consequences" Czech walked out of my house.

I looked at the music box, I'm glad it didn't break. Why did Czech do that? He didn't have a problem with me the last time we met. But then again, he likes Poland. Of course he'd hate me.