Ritual

"We lied, by the way," called Envy.

Hana wiped away her tears to glare at the blue cloth, hoping Envy would feel her stare.

"What do you mean?"

He shared an evil laugh with his brothers before speaking.

"We actually do use our symbols," he said with a satisfied smirk. "It is carved by the gods, but we found a way to utilize it and make the animals our own. Fascinating, isn't it?"

Hana could say nothing else than, "Bastard."

"A smart one," he quipped.

"What's it for?" She slammed her palms on the bars. "Tell me now."

"A shame you won't be able to see, jagiya," purred Lust as she heard them step away from the rock bed.

She turned to Sang-won, whose eyes were wide with fear and uncertainty.

"Oh no what do we do?" he whispered. "Mianhae, Hana-ssi, if only I wasn't such a hormonal boy then- "

Her hand pressed against his mouth, glare cold to stop him from saying anything more.

"Shut up. Wait."

She felt around her clothes, shoving her hands in her pockets and looking around them.

"Horse's Sin of Pride."

They felt an immense gush of power when the eldest announced that, and they can only deduce that his animal was already out.

Hana squinted in the blue atmosphere the cloth gave them, and finally spotted something that could really help them.

"My bag!" she exclaimed in a whisper, bending to retrieve the bag she always brought during missions.

Sang-won stared at her quizzically.

"What about it?"

A hand dug inside the bag to retrieve her weapon: the magnifying glass that had yet to prove anything.

"Goat's Sin of Sloth."

Another rush of power emanated in their surroundings, and it was a sign that two out of the seven had their animals out in the open.

That equalled less time.

Hana rummaged more in her bag and finally her fingertips brushed against the familiar material of the box.

Excitedly, she pulled her arm out to reveal the intricately-designed box, its sole purpose to keep the seven in their place, never to be seen by human eyes.

Sang-won's eyes narrowed in suspicion behind his glasses. He pointed to the magnifying glass glowing gold.

"What's it do?"

Hana shrugged.

"Guess we'll have to find out."

She banged it against the bars of the cage, and they were both surprised once the hit spot burned and melted slightly.

The two teens stared at each other in awe and Hana did it again in the same spot, the metal completely melting to give space that could fit a hand.