You're All I Want

Takumi's eyes glittered as he laid eyes on the hard maple cutting board that was laid out on display in the window of 'Kitchen, Bath and Beyond'.

It was the perfect gift to get Souma who had been whining about how none of his cutting boards could withstand the sharpness of his knife. This hardwood cutting board however could probably take on an army of knives and still prevail without a scratch.

Takumi would have gone in and bought the board too but the price of the item stopped him. A whopping 60,000¥ for a piece of wood? He didn't have that amount of money. Was Souma even worth that much money?

Takumi sighed sadly and continued on with his quest for christmas presents.

___________

Souma circled around the same jewellery store again, hoping in his delusional mind that there would be a discount.

To his dismay, the price tag for the commodity he wished to buy was left unchanged. 60,000¥, and Souma after getting gifts for all his dorm mates and friends had only 20,000¥.

The red head sighed and stared longingly at the beautiful platinum ring mount that sat elegantly in its velvet box. Takumi had often talked about an aquamarine ring that his grandmother had passed on to him because the stone reminded her of his vibrant blue eyes.

The ring however had been too small to fit on the blonde's finger which resulted in him being on the quest to finding the perfect ring mount to extract the jewel and replace the precious its previous ring.

The ring mould that Souma had discovered was perfect! The only problem was the price but Souma would get money somehow. He would make sure to give his half- Italian boyfriend he'd ever received.

____________

Takumi stood by the window in his room and pondered what to get his lover. The cutting board seemed like the best option. It had been something that Souma has always wanted but Takumi didn't have that much money.

The blonde groaned and looked at the frosted window. The glass was reflecting something shiny that was placed on one of his shelves. The blonde turned to the shelf and saw his Grandmother's ring. His most prized possession.

The ring itself had been a few sizes too small to fit his finger so for a while he had been looking for a ring mount but alas, nothing had caught his eye.

The ring could sell for a good price though so maybe he could gain some cash for Souma's board with it. But it was his only remembrance of his grandmother.

The blonde had so many fond memories with her. Every christmas, she'd take the twins to her orchid and harvest lemons with them. The lemons were later turned into a delicate mouth watering tart.

Every time she extended her her hand out to reach for a lemon, the beautiful blue jewel that she wore on her finger glimmered. Takumi smiled fondly at the memory and sighed. Souma was far more important than some old ring.

After all, the Joy of Christmas is Giving.

______________

Souma sharpened his knife sadly. None of the students of the Polar Star dormitory were able to lend him money because they themselves fell flat on Christmas presents.

So the redhead decided to go with his plan B and make his boyfried the most delicious meal he's ever had!

The young chef's mind however wandered back to that beautiful ring mount that he'd seen at the jewelery.