The Boy Who Never Was

“Evil. Evil memories are all I carry now. Old tales of a selfish boy, no more no less.” I tell the little sandy haired boy who sits on my lap.

“But please Grandma, tell me the whole story!” He mused, clearly wondering more and more about her adventures to a place far far away.

“Okay,” she whispered, “but you can’t interrupt. Deal?”

“Deal!” he giggled out. So I pulled him up and onto my lap further, to begin telling him the story of the boy I wished never was.

“One night, when I was very young, a thin blonde haired boy crept into my room. He came through the window. I was still up, because little Michael had a terrible dream. We, we didn't hear him at first, all it sounded like was wind creeping in through the windows. I knew better, the moment I heard a little bell like sound, I knew something weird was going on. That's when I saw the shadow, slowly creeping further and further up the wall. Then BAM he jumped out at me and covered mine and little Michaels mouth, we tried to scream, but he didn't let us. He offered to take his hands away, in return that we did not scream. We shook our heads yes, and his hands were slowly removed. He told us his name was Peter, then he called out the word tink. By then, John was starting to stir, I remember hoping so hard that he wouldn't scream when he woke up. To my luck, he did not. Peter tied us up, and told us that we were now his Neverland slaves. After that, the little fairy dressed in a green dress then sprinkled dust on us, two different colors. Later we discovered that one was to make us fly, and one was to make us forget. Peter then brought us to Neverland, where I prefer not to talk much about, as it it too terrifying to remember. Although, I have memories of him always making me do things, very awful things. If I told him I would not, I was punished. Stuck in a cage, most of the time there in a cold smelly cellar. Let me tell you, it was all awful. All I hope, is to forget. Never again shall that boy be again. That's, why I tell you to always keep your windows locked. Never to open, we will never know the true evil that hides in the dark. Boy, remember always, what Grandma tells you, for she is wise in her time and age….”