I Should Have Listened

I really should've listened to everyone when they said to watch who you relese your secrets too. People will leave you in the blink of an eye, without shedding a tear. I learned this the hard way, I should have seen the red flags before summer started. I havn't heard from either of them since summer started, and now its almost over. I confronted them, and one just told me I had to be paitient, she was trying to talk to everyone. Yet, she claims im supposed to be her best friend. Real friends don't go an entire summer without talking to their best friends. All the other one could tell me is, "oh im sorry you feel like that, i've just had a bad summer I could never forget you." But oh isnt all of that pure bullshit! No matter how busy I am, I always make sure I have time to talk to my friends at least ONCE a day, I make sure they know I care! But thats ok, I'm gonna be a senior this year, and I'll be starting a new year, its time I meet new people. I got my four or five people who still talk to me, who never stopped and I'm beyond thankful or that. But the wounds of losing the two people I trusted the most are still fresh, and it hurts to think about them. I'm doing slightly better, much better. My eyes don't swell with tears at the thought of them. I'm stubborn, I refuse to give in to them, I hope they think about me everyday, I hope they realize what they lost. I just wish, I just wish I listened when my family told me to watch who I trust.