02: Connection

Now

The fire was warm. The blanket that Frodo had wrapped around the two of us were warm. Frodo was warm.

"Your hugs are warm." I whispered.

"You're warm." said Frodo.

"I missed you." I told him and I meant it.

Earlier when I let go of my hug with Froddo, I hugged Merry, Pippin, Sam, and Gandalf. I met Frodo first and then, I was integrated into the friend group that consisted of the other three rascals. Gandalf I met numerous times because he always came to the Baggin household. After that, we introduced the rest of our parties.

And I noticed how Frodo looked uneasy when I gestured to Poe and he looked really uneasy when I gestured to my father. And then, we decided to camp out and have dinner. And now, here we are with everyone except for a select few of us awake.

"You've been gone for six years. I haven't heard anything from you." He whispered to me.

"Dad wanted to make sure I could handle myself, so we went out in seclusion for a few years. He taught me survival tactics if I ever need it. From hunting to tracking to building fire. I'm sorry I was gone." I told him resting my head on his shoulder.

"Where did you find an Eel hound?" Frodo gestured to my Eel hound, Georgie, that had wrapped herself around the two of us.

"Dad breeds them. It's what he would do if he wasn't a Jedi master. This is Georgie." I looked over to where Dad was sitting on a log by a fire he had created to be alone. Well as alone as you could be when your sister and your best friend are with you.

"I didn't know you had magic. Sorry, practiced it" Frodo said (possibly seeing the look on my face).

"My grandmother was a witch of Hufflepuff house, and so was dad. He thought it would be best if I did both." I explained to him.

"Your dad scares me."

"He scared me the first time I met him too. But back then, I didn't know he was dad. He was just Master Luke Skywalker, a legend, a myth."

"Yeah, but that's not why he scares."

"Ah! You're scared that he won't like you."

"Well, yeah."

"Don't worry about anything, Frodo. I'm sure he'll like you. He normally likes the same things I do. And if he doesn't, I'll bribe Ben to skewer him like he thought Luke was going to do to him. That's a long story."

"Are you tired?" Frodo asked wrapping his arm around me.

"No." I shook my head. "I just want to enjoy this as much as I can before it ends."

The last time I was here, I was twenty four and I'm thirty now. Five years younger than Aunt Leia's best pilot. Four years younger than the former stormtrooper. Three years younger than my best friend and the love of my life. Two years younger than my morally grey cousin. One year older than my best friend, Rey.

"Me too." He told me.

"Can I kiss you?"

"Huh?"

Normally it was Frodo who asked me if he could kiss me. Never have I been the one to ask. Not until now.

"Can I have a kiss, Frodo?" I asked him again.

"Y-yes." He stuttered.

I turned towards him, placed my hands on his face and leaned in, and planted my lips on his.