07: The Other Side

The Past

"Papa!" I shouted, running around the temple grounds. "Papa! Where are you?"

It was storming outside with lightning flashing around me. Fires were all around the academy. And I could not find any of the other students. They were all missing. And... and... and... and I couldn't find papa. I couldn't find dad. I couldn't find Luke Skywalker. I couldn't find anyone! My heart beat out of my chest. And I could only see the rain inhibiting my vision And then I saw it. A dark shadow. Ben.

"Benji!" I shouted at him as I started to tun to him.

He turned towards me with a dark, stoic look. And I halted to a stop. His once dark chocolate brown eyes now a cold unforgiving gold.

"Ben, where's Master Luke?" I asked him.

"He's dead, [Y/N]." the words hit me like a brick wall.

No. No. No. He couldn't be. He couldn't be. He couldn't be. He couldn't be dead. Luke Skywalker could not be dead. Luke SKywalker could not be dead. Luke Skywalker could not be dead. My father could not be dead. My father could not... he could not... he could not be dead.

"[Y/N], why do you cry for him? He was a monster. He doesn't deserve your tears." Ben told me.

"He was family. Can't you show a little bit of compassion? A little bit of remorse for what happened to him?" I asked him.

"I cannot." he told me.

"Well, why not, you ass?" I yelled ar him.

'Because I'm the one who killed him. He kept saying how the Jedi would bring peace and balance to the galaxy. But where there is peace, there must be violence for balance to properly to occur. So, join me." he held out a hand to me. "Join me and we can rule the real world, not his fantasy one."

I don't know what came over me, but I drew my lightsaber and charged at him. No form of human reasoning left. Only animalistic instinct.

The Present

The millenium falcon was in hyper speed going to the asteroid belt. Finn and Poe Dameron were teaching Aragorn and Boromir to play Holochess while Han Solo sat in the pilot seat with Ben Solo lounging in a chair. Han turned to his one and only son (in some versions of the Star Wars multiverse).

"You never sit up here." Han commented.

"Do you think she resents me still?" asked Ben.

"Which one? [Y/N], Rey, or your mother?" asked Han with a joking manner in his mischevious eyes.

"All three I guess." ben grumbled.

"Your mother loves you over all else. I don't know about Rey, but I'm sure [Y/N] doesn't resent you. Anymore at least. She still treats you like you're her brother." Han told him.

Ben sighed before looking out towards where the other four are. "I don't trust them. Or her little hobbit friends we found on Meadtala."

"Why not?" Han asked.

"I don't trust that they're going along with this. Someone is in danger and for the first time, it's not us." Ben told him.

"I don't know what makes you-."

"It's just a feeling I have." Ben replied, cutting his father off.

Unbeknownst to them, the four people playing Holochess had heard the entire thing. The whole conversation. The whole exchange. Everything.