12: Run Boy Run

When I came to, I was in a cage. Of course, I'm stuck in a cage. Of course, I am. And someone was sitting on top of the cage as we were being pulled by a horse. Well, this is just great. Wonderfully, perfectly great. And I'm pretty sure that they all think I ran off.

"I see the princess of darkness is awake." That horrid voice I never wanted to hear again.

"Why, hello to you, Ivonne." I spat at her, venom dripping from the words like wet paint falling down a wall.

"We figured that if you were going to the mountain, then we would need to abduct you and pull you and your party in the opposite direction. Now that you're gone, they can go and destroy the ring just like they were planning to." Ivonne explained to me, her golden blonde hair slipping into her pale face as it fell from her bun.

"And what makes you so sure that they won't come and find me?" I asked her.

"Because we made it look like you left them. You ran off." Ivonne explained. "By the way, dad says hello."

"I'm pretty sure he doesn't. Now, let me out before I have to go all out on your asses." She chuckled at my attempt at being threatening.

"We're not letting you out. Anytime soon. We need you to do something for us." Ivonne explained.

"And what would that be?" I asked her.

"Our sister. We need you to save her. From her captor." Ivonne explained.