08: One Jump Ahead

The Past

I don't know what came over me, but I drew my lightsaber and charged at him. No form of human reasoning left. Only animalistic instinct. Ben Solo had always been better at this than me. And I knew that. And he knew that. And everyone knew that. I couldn't think properly.

But he had taken my father from me. He had taken away what my father had bee trying to accomplish this whole time. He had taken from me what I had beeb trying to do this entire time. And I charged at my cousin who blocked it. I tried to strike him again, but he dodged it.

"We both know who the victor will be in this." Ben told me. He swung at me, and I blocked him. "We both know who will win, so just heel."

"Never!" And I pushed his weight off of me.

"You are a horrible excuse for a skywalker." Ben tokd me.

I swerved to the side and positioned my saber in a fighting position. Ben Solo was right. I was a horrible jedi. I was neither good with combat nor force abilities. I only came here because I couldn't go to Hogwarts. I couldn't go and study magic, so I went to the next best thing. I became a Jedi. And I wanted Grand Master Luke Skywalker to be proud with me. I wanted him to tell me I mattered and that my ambitions were just.

But I was blowing it. I was blowing it. I was... not going to quit now. I was not going to show him the mercy he didn't show my father. I was not going to take his shit any longer.

"I'm not going to back down! And you know why? Because I'm a Jedi! And Jedi never quit! Wait. I think that's ninja. It can go for Jedi too!" I shouted back at him.

"You really are a horrible excuse for a Skywalker. You're an embarrassment to our grandfather, Darth Vader. And your father. You're an embarrassment to your mother too. You insolent little squib." Ben said.

"Ah!" And Ben was thrown against a tree.

And I saw this as my opportunity to run. My one opportunity to run. And I did.

"If you leave, you're a coward! And Jedis aren't cowards!" Ben shouted at me.

It's a good thing I never listened to him when he was sane. And I ran. Everyone else was gone. There wad nothing more for me to do. Just get off this island. Get off this planet and go back to Meadtala. To go back to Frodo. And Sam. And Bilbo. And Pippin. And Merry. And the Shire. And... bleep bloop bleep. Is that R2? I turned towards the noise to indeed see him by sone rubble. And a metal hand. Dad. I ran over and helped the rubble off of him.

"[Y/N], where's Ben?" he asked me as my dad clutched me in his arms.

"I think he already left papa." I explained.

And I looked up to see a ship. Scratch that. He just did.
The Present

"How do you think the others are farring?" Rey asked Leia as the six of them played cards.

"Han probably got everyone in troubke knowing him. And they're trying to figure a way out of it." Leia told her.

"Why is it important for the hobbit to go to Idirsholas?" asked Legolas.

"Her mother's being possessed by Morgana Pendragon. And destroyibg the rings is the only way to get her back." Rey explained. Chewie roared at her. "I know I know. It's not my place to tell, but they asked, and she's not here to answer."

"And she's doing all of that for her?" asked Glimli. "I'm impressed."

"Does she know about the sacrifice that must be made?" asked Legolas.

"Yes, we all are. She knows what she's doing." Leia told them.

"Do you know who she's going to use?" asked Legolas.

"Yes, and I begged him not to do it, but he wants to prove to his little cousin that he's changed." Leia admitted. "My son's going to die because my niece wants to save her mother."

"Actually, that's not true. She's not using Ben." Rey admitted.