Getting Caught

Your P.O.V

He saw them...I didn't want anyone to see them. I hadn't even told my friends and family...I was terrified.

I ran until I got back to the snowball puzzle, out of breath. But there he was again.

"You gotta stop running kid, you're gonna hurt yourself doin' that so much."

He looked...concerned. Which was different from earlier where he looked almost as if he didn't care at all or was pissed.

"P-please," I said, barely audible. "Just leave me alone."

He looked at me for a minute. "If I do will you do that again?" He gestured to my arms.

"I-i just...I'm so tired..." It was true, I felt like I was gonna pass out from all the running.

He stood there silent for what seemed to be an eternity. Then he grabbed my hand and we were somewhere else.

Surprised, I jumped backward. We were now in a house filled with bright colors.

"Take a nap on the couch....or don't. Doesn't really matter to me but you seem bone tired."

I smiled at his pun and laid down on the couch behind me, falling asleep instantly.

When I woke up again the room was empty and the house was silent. I thought about what Sans had said about my scars...would I do it again? I have been clean for a couple of months now...but the urges keep coming back like an ocean wave.

I couldn't figure Sans out either, though that seemed to be his goal. Though that made me want to figure him out more even if he scared my skin off my bones. Heh, wonder if I could use that one on him.

Of course, that's when he teleported into the room.

"Jesus fucking christ!" I yelped, falling off the couch.

He chuckled at this. "One, don't leave that language around my bro, two, I think we need to talk."

I looked up at him. On one hand, talking felt like knives to me and I didn't think he would really care about my life. On the other hand, he wouldn't care...he wouldn't treat me like a ticking time bomb.

I just nodded and got back on the couch.

"Alright, first things first why the scars?"

"I...think you know."

"Well yeah, but why would you do that to yourself?"

"Life is hell."

"C'mon, the surface can't be that bad, that's where we all would rather be than stuck down here."

I stared at him for a moment.

"I have seen people's lives fall apart, I have seen friends who would do anything not to have to go home cause they're afraid of getting hurt again, I have seen people take their own lives because they have lost everyone they love, I have seen people who would give the world to someone special only to be treated like dirt by that someone special. Humans are living garbage who only hurt each other and walk around with fake smiles saying 'I'm fine' so many times they think one day they'll convince themselves." My voice grew louder and louder with every sentence and by the time I was done, I realized it and put my hands over my mouth.

Sans just stared at me. His face held no emotion except for his eyes. The whites of his eyes were gone.

"What the actual hell?" He growled. "Years of them treating us like we're nothing but dirt when they feel like that themselves?"

I teared up. "Humans are stupid. Sometimes I wish I wasn't one of them. But here we are...and here I am."

He stared at me again, this time the whites in his eyes were back.

"Look kid...whatever happened up on the surface? It stays up there. If you treat everyone here with kindness, they'll return it."

"Even you?"

"What?"

I smiled. "You scared the skin off my bones several times today."

"Sorry kid...I had to take some precautions from what's happened with humans previously."

"That's okay..." I got off the couch and walked up to him, hand out. "It's nice to meet you, Sans, I'm y/n."

He chuckled, god that laugh was almost contagious. "Nice to meet you too y/n," he said shaking my hand.

When he did it this long fart sound came out of our hands and I started laughing really hard.

Sans P.O.V.

Her smile and laugh...I don't know why but I want to see more of that. From what I've heard of her experiences...she needs more happiness anyways.