•[4]•

An invite to join the Port Mafia, an invite personally from their boss. I should have seen this coming... Why would Dazai treat my wounds and take me to the headquarters? If he were to dispatch me, he would have done it at the moment he darted me with that tranquilizer. Now here I am standing in front of the head of this group, being invited.

"Oi! Mori-san, are you sure you want to invite a brute like her?" Dazai butted in, "She might just pick fights with the others! She doesn't even know how to behave herself".

"Calm down Dazai... If that is true, when if she joins us. How about you properly discipline her" Mori-san said. The expression on Dazai's face was pure disgust on that thought, I wanted to punch his face badly.

"So what do you say (Y/n)?" Mori-san awaited my answer.

I didn't have to think twice, "Well, I appreciate the efforts but I decline your offer" I replied. Dazai gave no response while Mori-san's eyes widened upon hearing my reply.

"Ah, I see..." was what Mori-san said.

"If I may, I'll be taking my leave now" I said as I turned my heels and headed to the door. It was sweet of them to invite me but I don't know the ropes around here and the fact I just haven't yet tasted the sweet longing of Freedom. Also-

"We could help you regain your memories" I was put unto a halt upon hearing Mori-san's words. I let go of the door handle and looked at him, my eyes widened in desperation to know how he knew.

Mori-san pursed his lips, "I've heard some rumors back in the old days about a child assassin always cleanly killing her targets, leaving no trace behind. Only a few knew her real name since no one had survived her attack... And her name was-"

"(Y/n) (L/n)" Dazai was the one who finished it. He looked at me darkly.

Assassin? Was I an assassin before? I wanted to know more! "Tell me..." I muttered, "Tell me more about myself!!!" I demanded.

"I would love to, but sadly- this is the only thing I know...But if you join us, we might help you uncover more" Mori-san responded. Frustrated at what he said, I charged at him summoning my scythe. I swung it , about to slice him in half but suddenly the blonde little girl blocked my scythe with a giant syringe.

"I'm sorry but hurting Rintarou is a big no for me" she said in a sweet voice. Her body was glowing pink, was this child a gifted as well?

"Oh Elise-chan, my you are cute as ever" Mori-san fawned over the little girl. "I'll buy you some delicious sweets later" the girl, Elise, smiled happily hearing Mori-san's words. Mori-san was amused at my scythe, "So this is the scythe you used to clean up your targets" he said.

"Cut this none sense and tell me more!" I demanded.

"I'm sorry, but this little party is over now" I heard Dazai speak behind me placing his hand on my shoulder. In an instant blue light surrounded me, my scythe disappeared.

"Huh, what- What did you do?!" I exclaimed.

"I just nullified your gift that's all" Dazai replied plainly. "And now" he pointed a gun at me, "Attempting to kill Mori-san is very much a sin here and the punishment is death" he said darkly.

Seeing that it was checkmate for me, I rose my hands in defeat. "Alright, kill me if you have to" I said.

"Who said about killing you?" Mori-san spoke, "It would be such a waste to just kill such great talent. From today onwards you will be working under the Port Mafia". I guess I'm still going to join them whether I like it or not. "Dazai will be in charge of you" he added.

"Eh? Why me?!" He complained.

"You two get along after all" Mori-san said happily.

After the brief orientation Mori-san gave to me about the Port Mafia's role here at Yokohama, he dismissed us.  Dazai led me to a small room which consists of a bed, desk, bookshelf, a couch, and a bathroom. "This will be your quarters" he informed me, "You'll have your new set of clothes inside the closet in the bathroom. I'll contact you if we have a job to do" he lastly said before shutting the door leaving me alone in my room.

I lay down on the bed, finding it very much comfortable. It's been so long since I lay something so soft and fluffy. It felt like everything ran so fast, one moment I was a prisoner the second now I'm working for an underground organization here at Yokohama. Maybe since I've been imprisoned for so long that many things are new to me. Yet, is this the freedom I long for? Before I could find an answer, I fell into a blissful sleep.

Give up already...
Just work for them...
You don't have a life outside...
Freedom is just an illusion...

No...

No...

No...

"No!!!!" I shot my eyes wide open from the dream I had.

It was telling me to just give up on my search for freedom. No!!! Never!!! I need to learn the truth about my past! Their Boss is keeping secrets from me, I have to grab it but I doubt barging in there and demanding won't do any good. I have to play my part and gain his trust. I need to be patient, although how could I when in fact I have to work under one of the most insolent men I've ever met!!!

"Damn you Dazai!!!" I cursed as his face crosses my mind. A face I so desperately want to tear into shreds.

"Do you always think of me (Y/n)?" I shot up from my bed and saw the damned mummy sitting on my couch with drink in hand.

"How? When did you enter the room? I didn't hear you open the door" I exclaimed.

"Just awhile ago. You were talking in your sleep, and I'm deeply flattered that you're having sweet dreams of me (Y/n)" He chuckled. I shot a glare at him. "Also, Mori-san contacted me, we have a small investigation to do".

"So soon?".

"Well, he believes you're up for the challenge since you were an assassin after all" Dazai said plainly.

An assassin. Is it really true? Was I an assassin before? But- how, if so then I was a child when I became one. I've already dirtied my hands ever since I was a child then that means... I've brought people to the after life more than I could've expected.

"Something wrong?" Dazai asked.

"It's nothing..." I replied.

Dazai narrowed his eyes at me, as if he was studying me. With one last sip of his drink, he stood up from the couch. "Alright then. We're wasting time (Y/n)" he said, "Go change now, we'll be leaving in 5 minutes, I'll brief you on the job while we travel to our destination".

I stood up from my bed and went to bathroom to see the clothes prepared for me. They were all uniform, composed of a white long sleeved collared shirt, a black skirt and a black coat. There were also black heeled shoes , black stockings and black fingerless gloves. I somewhat felt like a business woman more than a lackey for the mafia as I wore these clothes.

I decided to tie my (h/l)(h/c) in a ponytail. As I looked at myself in the mirror I somewhat admired my appearance. I've always looked like a mess in the Asylum, always wearing ragged clothes but now- seeing my attire, I felt good. My eyes looked at my bandaged wrapped arms, behind it were the scars I've sustained. Despite them being hidden, it doesn't change the fact that it's a part of me now.

"How long are you going to model in front of the mirror? We have a job to do" Dazai spoke up, I shot a deadly glare at him. "Come on, we have to go...and besides, you look like an ogre no matter what you wear" he insulted.

"WHAT WAS THAT?!" I exclaimed, wanting to punch the mummy to kingdom come. Dazai was chuckling like he had heard the greatest joke of all time. "Are you asking for death?" I asked.

"To be killed by you is the worst suicide that I'll ever do" Dazai exclaimed. We argued as we made our way to car, but upon seated inside we silenced ourselves. Dazai's playful and childish persona turned into a serious one as he began to explain where we're going and what we were about to do.