WHAT?!?!?

Then I woke up

I sat up in a cold sweat, shaking from my nightmare. I felt the spot where the knife had touched me and I felt nothing. I looked at my clock and it said it was 4:30 in the morning. I groaned from frustration because there was no way I was going back to sleep.

 I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was tangled and my blue eyes were wide. I groaned again and hit my fist on my counter. I just wish Toby was here! I sighed. After staring at myself for a few minutes I decided to just get ready for the day. I walked over to my closet and pulled out a  purple short sleeved shirt and my black skinny jeans. After I put those on I grabbed my white hoodie and tied it around my waist. I put on my black converse and walked to the bathroom to grab my hairbrush. I slowly brushed my hair. I looked at the clock and it was now 5 in the morning. I decided to go and make a good breakfast. I made a fruit salad, a plain bagel with cream cheese, and a glass of water. I put my food on the table and walked to my backpack to grab the book I have been reading. I sat down and read as I ate. When I finished I washed my dishes and decided while I had the time I could study I was never very good at paying attention and things but... after Toby disappeared I was trying harder with everything. That's why I have the best grades. After studying for about 30 more minutes I heard a knock at the door. I got up and quickly went to the kitchen to grab the biggest knife there, just to be safe. 

 I opened the door halfway and hid the knife. I looked through the crack.  There was a girl holding a dog  stuffed animal with chocolate brown eyes staring at me. She was wearing a brown jacket with a white shirt and blue jeans with flip flops. She looked around 12 years old. " Can I help you?" I asked nicely. " does Kelly Walker live here?" She asked. " My mother?" I asked. " What do you need her for?" I added onto my question. She smiled. " I need her to help my dad," she said. I tilted my head. " How does she help?" I asked. My mother never told me about helping anyone. " He wants to make a deal with her," she said. " well... she's at work right now... so she can't really help now," I said. She looked confused. " But... she always comes to my dad's so she can help at this time... My dad needs her now and she isn't there... she has to be here," she said. I froze. Why why why why WHY! She ALWAYS lies to me. " um I'm just gonna go..." she said and sprinted down the hall. 

I stood there for a few moments. What could she be doing? I felt rage surge though my body. I slammed the door shut and stormed over to the kitchen phone. I put my knife down on the counter and dialed her number. I held the phone close to my ear. It rang a few times but she picked up. " Lily! Is something wrong honey?" She asked in a sweet voice. " who are you with?" I asked calmly. " uh... Lily honey I'm at work," she said and I could tell that she felt a little more worried. " who was the 12 year old who came to the door asking for you?" I asked angrily. She went silent. " answer me!" I yelled into the phone. " Lily... We can talk about this later," she said and hung up quickly. I growled in anger and shoved the phone back on the charger. I slowly slid down the wall and sat down. I rested my head back onto the wall. I closed my eyes and tried not to think of anything. I just wanted to see the darkness that already surrounded me. 

I heard the phone ring a few minutes later. I walked to the phone and picked it up. " Hello this is Andwolf High school's principal here, Mr Stevens, I just want to let you students know that school is canceled for today and the rest of the week. Stay safe students and I hope to see you all soon," the message said. The phone dropped from my hand. I ran over to the TV and turned on the news. There was a news woman with a wooden desk. " thank you for listening in for this morning. Police investigators are still trying to figure out who committed the murder of two students at Andwolf High school. There have been no clues f- wait a minute... I just got word that there is a note written in blood on the wall. It says 2T+2L." She said. I felt the color on my face drain away. I turned the TV off and ran upstairs. I locked my door and my window. I grabbed my blanket and hid in my closet. I took my phone out of my closet and called an old friend of mine. We haven't talked ever since she moved.

 I put my phone up to my ear. " Hello?" She asked. " Oh my god! Amelia I am so scared!" I said into the phone. " Lily? why?" She asked. " Ok I am going to sound crazy but you have to believe me!" I said quickly. " I will believe you," She said. " Alright so last night I had a dream about a murderer on the loose that killed close to my school. This morning the school principal called and told us that there would be no school. I checked the news and they said that there were murders at the school. In both my dream and in real life, there was this one sign. 2T+2L. I am so scared." I said to her. she was silent for a few moments and then she spoke again. " Lily can I come over to your house?" She asked. " Of course! I'll see you soon!" I said, a small smile played on my lips. " Alright see you soon Lily," She said and hung up. 

I heard a knock on my door about 20 minutes later. I ran downstairs and opened the door. There Amelia stood. She had a pink off the shoulder shirt with a white bow on the side with a pair of blue jeans. She had white Adidas on. Her long blonde hair was in a pigtails. She had a white purse that sat on her shoulder. I felt relieved. I engulfed her in a hug. " Hey. It's good to see you too," She said and hugged me back. I pulled away and looked at her pale green eyes. I grabbed her hand and walked her inside. " Are you hungry at all?" I asked as she put her purse on a hook on the coat hanger. " Well... a little. If I remember you had the best baked food in all of town," She said and giggled. I chuckled and grabbed some cookies that I made a few days ago. 

We sat down on my couch brown couch. I put the cookies down on the clear coffee table we had in front of the couch. I turned to Amelia. " How long has it been? I mean. Since you left?" I asked her. She sighed. " I don't know.... 2 years?" She said, with wide eyes. " Wow," I said. " How have you been?" I asked, adding onto my question." Tired. New friends. New school. Boyfriend. Work. Babysitting siblings. And homework. I'm in honors so the work keeps piling up!" Amelia said and leaned back on the couch. " How about you?" Amelia asked me. I hesitated. Amelia was my best friend since preschool. should I tell her about Toby? Why not. " So... you remember Toby?" I asked. She nodded. " Well... he went missing five months ago. Ever since then, I've shut everyone out and focused on my studies," I said. Amelia put her hand on my shoulder. " Good thing I'm here," She said. I gave her a small smile. We talked and told jokes. It felt like nothing had changed and life was peaceful. I smiled to myself. Today will be fine.... Just... fine....

Hey! I know it is a few months later...-_-. SORRY! I did make the Image at the top. It is not exactly how I made the characters, but it will do. I am sorry for the long wait for the few people reading this. Have a good day! - Sophie.