No... No... NO!

Lily's POV

I smiled as I made it to the tree house. " Toby," I said. He hummed as a response. I walked up. " So, are you- OH MY GOD!" I said. He looked confused. " TOBY! JEEZ MAN. How do you NOT change your bandages!" I said and stomped over. " I'm... Sorry?" he said, still confused. " I'll help. Give me the disinfectant cream," I said. He sighed and handed me the Disinfectant and gauze. I slowly and carefully undid the bandages. His cut looked like it was healing fine, still. You always have to change your bandages. I took out some of the cream with my finger and rubbed it in the places that needed it. I then took the gauze and wrapped him up again. 

" Thanks," He mumbled. I nodded. He then pulled my father's shirt on. I smiled. he sat on his 'bed' and stared at me. I sat next to him. " So..." he started. " So?" I asked, urging him on. He sighed. " I was wondering. What if I go back... no... scratch that," He said. " into public?" I asked. He nodded slowly. " it's a crappy idea," He said, looking at me. " where will you go?" I asked. He looked at his feet. " I dunno. I just went on a supply run, so I'm set for a few weeks," He said. " I have access to everywhere out of sight and I k-...." he stopped. I knew what he was going to say. " I get to take my anger out," He whispered, embarrassed. I put a hand on his shoulder. He shivered lightly. 

" lily," he said. I looked at him. " Why do you still care about me?" he asked. I could tell he was getting upset with himself. " Because you are the best thing in my life," I said. " I can't be," He said and walked over to the window. " But you are," I said and walked behind him. We stood in silence for a few minutes. He faced me. " I can kill you at any moment. Does that scare you?" he asked. I shrugged. He put his hands on my arms. I shivered a little. " Not really," I said. He stared deep into my eyes. He got a little closer. " I can hurt you," He whispered. " Not going to change my mind," I said. " I can cause you pain," He said so quietly I almost didn't catch it. He got closer. I could feel his breath on my lips. I looked into his eyes. They were like a forest on a summer day. 

Suddenly there was a loud bang and an extremely painful feeling in my chest. I looked down. I was bleeding. My ears were ringing. I looked to the door. My mother stood there, looking mortified. My vision went blurry and I fell to the floor.

Toby's POV

I charged at this woman. I tackled her to the ground and grabbed her gun. She was struggling. I then shot her in the legs. She screamed loudly. I grabbed some cloth from her shirt and made it into a ball. I put it in her mouth and dropped her onto the ground. I was breathing heavily. I won't kill her. Yet. I turned back to Lily. She was letting out painful groans. her screams died down. I gently grabbed her in a bridal style way. I then got to the ground and ran. I don't care if I get revealed. If they kill me. If they ask me questions. She needs to be safe. I ran faster and faster. I made it to the hospital five minutes later. 

I burst through the door and ran over to the front desk. The lady there took one look at her chest and called the nurses over. They took her from my arms and deeper into the hospital. I stood there panting. I could care less about myself. I stood there for a few minutes. It was deathly quiet. Realization sank in. I then turned around. A lady was on a call and staring at me. I glared at her. I could make out one sentence over the ringing in my ears. 

" Missing Boy Toby. I found him,"

OKIE! SO! This is a little shorter, but I hope that's alright. I love you all!

- Sophie <3