Familiar

( Yes that is my drawing. It sucks, but whatever. That is what he looks like) 

??? POV

I climbed over the roofs of the buildings, crouching low. Lily wanted me to meet her at her house so she could help with my leg. I said I would be alright, but my leg feels horrible. I soon made it to Lily's window. I knocked twice and she ran over, opening it. I quickly went inside. She looked at me. " Here, let me grab the first aid kit," She said, leaving the room.

Lily's POV

I walked into the kitchen. We have our first aid kit under the sink. I grabbed it and walked back to my room. He stood awkwardly. I sighed. " You should sit down," I said. He nodded and sat on the bed. I sat on the floor next to his leg. I rolled his black jeans up to where his cut was. I took out the disinfectant. I looked up at him. " This is gonna sting," I said. He nodded. I put it on a cotton ball and then lightly put it on the wound. He took in a sharp breath. I apologized quietly and continued. After a few minutes, I was wrapping gauze on his wound. Luckily, it wasn't that deep of a cut. 

I sat next to him. He pulled his jean leg back down. I got up and sat next to him. We were quiet for a few minutes. A question was still in my head. I looked over at him. " Why did you save me?" I asked quietly. He sighed softly. " I just... I don't want people hurting you.... You're special to me..." He said. I blushed lightly. " Thank you," I said. He nodded. " Well.... What's your name?" I asked. He froze. " You can't tell anyone. Understand?" he said, looking into my eyes. I nodded. He sighed. " My name is.... Jamie..." he said.

I nodded. Jamie... Sounds nice. I smiled and put my hand out. " Hey Jamie. I'm Lily," I said, giggling. He chuckled, shaking my hand. " Nice to meet you," he said. We laughed for a few minutes, then calmed down. " You seem like a nice guy Jamie," I said. " You're a nice person Lily," He said. " Thanks," I said.

We talked for a few hours. I laughed at a joke he said, when I heard the front door unlocking. My eyes went wide. I looked over at Jamie. " Go! Closet!" I whisper yelled. He nodded and ran in, closing the door behind him. " Lily!" Mom called out. " Here mom!" I yelled back. She walked into my room. " Hey!" She said, leaning against my door. I smiled. " Lily... Who were you talking to?" She asked. I tensed. " I don't know what you're talking about," I said. She gave me a ' Are you being serious' face. I shrugged, leaning back into my pillow. She walked into my room. " So if I checked your closet, there will be no one there?" She asked. My eyes went wide once more. " N-No one is there!" I said. She walked over to the closet. I prepared myself for being grounded for eternity, until there was a loud knock at our front door. 

My mom looked at me. " I'll be back. I'm checking that closet," She said, walking over to the front door, closing my door behind her. " Jamie," I said quietly. He peeked his head out. " Under the bed! She never checks there!" I said quietly. He nodded and he was under my bed in a minute. My mom walked back into my room. " Alright. Closet," She said, walking over to the closet doors. She opened them, then turned to me. " Alright. Fine. No one was here. I thought I heard talking," She said. " Nope. I was just looking at things on my phone," I quickly lied. She shrugged. " I'm making dinner," She said. " Wait mom. Why are you home early?" I asked. She turned to me. " My job is on a break. Two men were found dead in an alley near my work. The two men worked at my job," She said. My heart dropped. " Oh.. Okay.." I said. She nodded and left my room. I got up and closed my door. 

Jamie crawled out from under my bed. " I guess I should go," He said quietly. I nodded. he walked towards my window. " hang on," I said, walking to him. He looked at me. I hugged him quickly. " Bye Jamie. See you tomorrow after school," I said. He tilted his head. " I thought it was closed," he said. I sighed. " Sadly they open tomorrow. They think that it's been enough time away," I said. He nodded. " See you then Lily," He said. I nodded. He then crept out into the cool night, soon far from sight. I sighed, looking over the moonlit town. I smiled. Maybe things aren't as bad as I made them....

Hey! So I had fun writing this chapter. I hope you liked reading it. I'm trying to update this book as much as possible. So again, thank you so much for reading! See you all soon! - Sophie <3