Office Meeting

After many boring classes and numerous weird looks from people the lunch bell has finally wrung but I've been stopped by the teacher calling my name. I walk to his desk in confusion.
"The principal has asked to speak to you." He says.
"Why?" I ask.
"No clue, but I insist you go down right now before you completely miss the whole lunch period." He responds.
I roll my eyes and make my way down to the office again.

The principal's room is as normal as last couple I've been to. I expect a lecture or immediate detention but instead she says this, "Ms. Rider, after being expelled from your last school your mother and I have decided that it would be a good idea for you to join an after school activity to occupy your time after school." I look at her in confusion and she puts a piece of paper in front of me. "You choose one and try out, if you don't make it you'll have to try a different one, if you fail all then you'll be helping me after hours."
I look down the list:
Library Helpers
Art Club
Band
Choir
Soccer
Tennis
Golf
Anime Club
Student Council

I don't bother looking at the rest so I just choose soccer, it seems the easiest.
"Soccer. I choose soccer." I say.
The principal nods. Try outs are tomorrow after school. Bring comfortable clothes. You maybe go now." She says.
After I leave I head to the cafeteria, it's packed and as I scan the faces a brown pair of eyes meet mine. It's the same girl that was staring at me earlier. She's at a table packed full of girls and boys and I can see that a boy has an arm around her. A ping of jealousy hits my heart and I tear my eyes away from her and go to find a bathroom. I slide down the wall of one of the stalls. For some reason that girl is all that matters to me now. And I need to get close to her.