Transformation

TaoHua's concentration was tested to her very limits. She felt she was stretched over in time, listening, almost nodding to sleep a few times, poked to wake up by YueMi, who at first found her very endearing and then no longer so much. The Tree did not find her lack of attention to be disrespectful but was very intrigued by this long lost child, as she reminded her of days old past.

HuiSan took turns to carry TaoHua on her hand, cradling her and putting her down on the table and patted her, treating her like a baby peachling, while telling her longest story TaoHua ever heard in her long sprite life.

Was this story's female lead no longer her and had the title of this story changed to Origins? This felt totally like replacing a comedic life to a dramatic one that TaoHua had read before. Love and tragedy mixed with bravery was the common theme of a human play. Wait, did she miss the party Jade Emperor bestowed earlier? The Origins saga seemed so long that the passage of time used must have consumed hours, which felt like days to her.

The Gold Peach Fairies were not able to read minds as in fruit form, but TaoHua's obvious expressions could all be read in her limpid eyes.

Elder QiuChun amused by this childlike fairy, a personality so different than the calm and collected LiXue, told TaoHua that they had set up the No Interference Barrier so that no beings could see and eavesdrop, and time had no effects in the No Interference Barrier.

TaoHua made an "Oh" expression, showing her thumb up, finding the magical awesome and wanting one for herself, then she turned back and asked the Tree of Life, "Am I LiXue then?"

An incorporeal ethereal beauty, appeared with her hands outstretched from the tree gave the verdict, looked at her with extreme curiosity, "little peach, come forth towards Tree of Life and you will regain your original fairy human shape."

"Grandma?" Wa! So blinding! This youthful looking woman looked like a more beautiful version than her elders! Ah, beautiful people hurt the eyes!

"Ummm...what if I'm not LiXue, but a rotten peach fairy? My friend, DaShu, told me that when I was sleeping like a human shape, I was red, blue and black. I was ugly and was discouraged to change back to my ugly shape." TaoHua retreated, lacking confidence in front of the beautiful woman, and said embarrassedly to her new-found family. Her entire fruit appearance was colored to reddish gold out of her shyness. He FeiQuan would have laughed his feathers off if he were to see her now.

All the Gold Peach fairies who smiled at her cuteness, then upon realizing what her description meant, went to give her a group hug. This fruit, LiXue or not, was definitely adorable and different, it could be when she lost her memories, injured so badly, that she did not even know what had happened to her.

The Tree of Life extended her branches, together with QinShu's arms, gently pulled TaoHua into the tree.

Oh my! I am literally inside a tree! Like being eaten whole without all the sharp teeth. Very dark, check. Scary, check. Wait, am I being digested? This felt...felt so foreign. I'm disintegrating! Waaa, so scary!!!! Grandma! Help me!

QinShu sent a wave of calm, gentle energy to encompass around TaoHua, calming the nervous peachling. A fleeting memory that somehow QinShu could not grasp when she first shrouded over TaoHua. Her spirit...so familiar to her. A fleeting memory that came and suddenly disappeared.

Oh! I'm out! Safe now...TaoHua could herself floating out and into the air, slowly descending down to the ground and felt her feet touch the ground. Wait! What? Feet?

Just as TaoHua thought she would for the first time in her sprite life, faint gracefully like a wilting flower, like how the novel leading ladies did. She always wanted to try and this seemed like a good occasion to do her fainting scene. First, she had to touch her spinning forehead with her jade-like fingers, then she should swing her hips to the side and sway a little, before...

Oh! Holy Mother Tree! I have fingers and forehead. I think I'm fainting for real.