28

Luke knocked at the big wooden door of the old house in front I him. He was in the middle of a forest and that scared the shit out of him but he was too worried about Calum to actually care.

The door slowly opened with a weird sound and an old man with grey hair sticked his head out. Is freckled face looked grim and he frowned at Luke.

"What do you want?," he asked, his tone slightly angry.

"Please, you have to help me! He was hit by a magical Creature and he's gonna die!," Luke pleaded and looked down at Calum in his arms.

"What gives you the impression I can help you?," Mr Scamander snapped.

"You are Newt Scamander, you know everything about fantastic beasts," Luke said small.

"I am sorry I don't help people anymore, I am too old. How did you even find me? No one knows my whereabouts."

"Please please help me! Professor McGonagall sends me!," Luke whimpered desperately.

"Minerva?," the old mans eyes widened, and his features softened "come in."

Luke stepped in and looked around. There were a lot of weird looking things laying around the room and paintings of fantastic beasts on the walls.

Luke went over to a small bed in the corner of the room and placed Calum on it.

The old man read over the letter McGonagall had given Luke.

"Alright," the old man spoke and came over to Luke's side, "I'm Newt. I'll try to help you as far as I can."

Luke nodded and smiled small.

Newt slowly unwrapped Calum from the blankets and eyed him curiously. Luke's heart clenched upon seeing his boyfriend like this, skin pale and slightly blue, eyes closed and ice flowers slowly building in some places on his skin. His breathing was shallow and his chest almost not rising and falling at all.

"I've seen this before. Let me look into one of my books," Newt spoke softly before turning around and flipping through a book on his desk, "ah! Here! Okay I can mix a medication but it will take at least thirty minutes. And I am not sure if it works, last tone, I came to help too late. It's important the victim has constantly body contact with another person though, so I suggest you stay there with him and I will find the things I need for that medication."

Luke nodded and climbed on the bed. He placed Calums head in his lap and ran his hands through Calums ice cold hair.

"What's your name, kid?," Newt asked while stirring something in a small bowl and then adding some weird looking blue powder.

"Luke Hemmings, Sir," Luke said.

"Ah. And your friends name?"

"Calum Hood, Sir."

Newt nodded.

"Drop the sir, it makes me feel so old", he laughed, "so why did you go near that creature, I am sure someone told you it's dangerous?"

Luke told him the whole story on how him and Cal had to do a project but McGonagall had forbidden them to go and how they went anyways.

"Sooooo... I take it Minnie is your guardian, huh? And.. how is she?," Newt asked while throwing some wood into the fireplace.

"She's fine. Just a little stressed out lately, I think. The ministry is giving her a hard time.. but she doesn't usually talk about that kind of stuff with me."

"Minerva is a great, strong woman. She has been a new teacher during my time at Hogwarts and all the boys were all over her," Luke scrunched up his face while Newt continued,"I owe a lot to that woman. I can't imagine her as grandma or mum, though," Newt laughed softly.