Chapter 4: *Flashback*

Thunk. Just a few more minutes... Thunk. I really just want to sleep... Thunk

        "For Christ's sake." I cursed to myself. My body bristled with cold air as I threw the covers from over my body and got out of my warm bed. "Who the fuck is hitting my window," I muttered. I glared out the glass window pane at the person responsible. As soon as I saw who it was though, a wide smile spread across my face. It was Calder. He was back from boot camp. Finally. He smiled back up at me. I quickly put on my robe and tied the sash as I tiptoed down the stairs. My family was still asleep. Carefully opening and closing the door behind me, I rushed to Calder. He was still waiting under my window. He embraced me and pulled me into a long, desired kiss. "Calder I missed you so much." He laughed.

        "It's only been two weeks, Bliss." I nuzzled my face into the crook of his neck. He still smelled sweet, just like he always did. I noticed his shiny white hair was slightly longer since the last time I saw him.

        "Two weeks, two days, two hours. I don't care. As long as you're here now." I pulled away from him and rested my hands on his chest. "You've bulked up quite a bit, haven't you?" 

        "That's what training does to you. At this rate, I'll look like Superman by the time I'm seventeen." I kissed his cheek.

        "As long as you're mine, I could care less of what you looked like. You could be half goat and I'd still marry you!" We joked about getting married all the time, even though we were only fifteen years old. At this point in time, we were oblivious to how much commitment marriage required, and we were still just dumb, love-struck teenagers. 

        "Lucky for you, I'm not half goat. I'm a fire-bender." I smiled at his now fiery hand. He held it up in a way as if he was cupping the fire.

        "Indeed you are." He fisted his hand to put out the flame and took my hand in his. Together we walked through the woods and discussed what he did at camp. Sword training, hand to hand combat, elemental combat. "I wish I could've gone. I could have kicked ass." He just shook his head and continued walking. He never really did like the idea of a woman doing a man's job. He believed that women belonged doing the housework and the men did the hunting and fighting and protecting. I never gave it much thought, until that one night...