Chapter 24: The Re-Introduction

As I gained back my consciousness the pounding of my head and limbs hit me like a brick wall. Everything was sore and felt most definitely bruised. I squinted my eyes together tightly and tried to recall what happened. All I remembered was being on a plane. Then it crashed. My stomach dropped. Beckham and I got into a fight. I reached my arm down to get his ring from my pocket but discovered I was held back by a metal clamp. My eyes immediately widened and scanned the area around me. I was in a cave. No, a dungeon. A hideout? I wasn't completely sure. All I had on my mind was to find Beckham and apologize to him. To tell him I didn't mean what I said. To tell him how much I loved him. But these damn restraints were keeping me from doing so. I registered that I was in a chair. Both my hands and legs were bound to the chair with metal cuffs. I tugged at them with frustration and sighed when nothing but my energy was wasted. 

        "You can stop trying," A deep voice called from the darkness. "Nothing you do will loosen them." I looked around but failed to see anything past the bright light that shone above me. 

        "Stop being a pussy and come into the light." They chuckled as footsteps sounded around me. 

        "Shadows are meant to keep hidden, darling." A small smack sounded and a harsher voice scolded him quietly. The two seemed to share a few words of argument before I was startled by a blackened figure coming out in front of me. I glared at it. 

        "You," I growled. 

        "Yes, me. Surprised?" I glared harder.

        "Hardly." 

        "Well, here's a hint to who I really am," They teased. "You've met me as a normal person. Looked directly into my eyes and have talked to me before." 

        "So you are a Hander." They clapped sarcastically and leaned down closer to my face.

        "Good job for figuring that out." I glared and thought for a moment while keeping quiet. Who could it possibly be that I've met before? It's not Beckham. It's not my dad. I sure hope it isn't Coda. No, it can't be. Oh my god; Could it be Dylan?

        "Who are you?" The being stood up normally again and snapped his fingers for effect as the smoke disappeared and a solid body formed in place of the shadowy figure. I peered closer as the smog lightened and gasped as I realized who it was. They smirked. It was Beckham's cousin, Alex.

        "Miss me, darling?" I shook my head frantically. 

        "What the hell are you doing this for?" He laughed. 

        "For the pay!" He said while rubbing his fingers together to make a 'money' gesture. "What the hell else would I be doing this for?" I furrowed my eyebrows.

        "The pay...?" I prodded.

        "Damn right. And I'm gettin' lots of it, my dear. And all I had to do was bring a headstrong girl into a secluded location." 

        "What are you talking about, Alex?" He smiled menacingly and bent down to me again. 

        "Actually," He tapped my nose. "The name is Cade. Alex was just a coverup."

        "Then who did Beckham know you as?" He laughed again.

        "You seriously haven't figured it out yet? I'm an inside worker! I'm not related to your boyfriend in any way possible! Think about it," He said as he moved some hair away from my neck. "Did you ever once see Beckham and I come into any sort of contact with each other?" His finger dragged against my skin. "Did Beckham ever mention my name when talking about his relatives?" He smiled and showed two fangs he'd just formed. I squirmed in retaliation. "I don't think so."