Chapter 23: Vision Confirmed

Since the Queen of Vieland requested a private meeting with just Beckham and me, we were going to travel there today. Two days shouldn't be too much time away from the kingdom, right? Besides, we'll be back to cover a bunch of things before Beckham takes me somewhere safer. The two of us had already considered staying in the safe room for a longer period of time, but of course, I wasn't able to sway him into it enough. Beckham wanted complete seclusion; he didn't want anybody but a few soldiers knowing where we were going. I think he was going to take me back to where we went for our honeymoon. Of course, I didn’t have a problem with that, but I didn’t want to be away like what Beckham wanted. I could understand his worries about keeping me safe and all, but I wanted to face everything and fight it off. The longer we hold off from solving the problem the greater a problem it will become over time. 

        "I don't have a good feeling about this, Bliss," said Lynessa. We were talking in one of the castle hallways near the dining room. Everyone else was still finishing up their breakfast. I crossed my arms to keep the goosebumps on my skin contained. I was always cold now. I never knew if it was because of the shadow or all the stress and anxiety that was hanging over my head. 

        "Did you have another vision?"

        "Well, no, but-"

        "Then I think everything will be fine, Lynessa," I assured her. "It'll only be a day or two and we'll be back in no time. You'll see."

<<<<<<>>>>>>

        I figured I'd pay a quick visit to my trusty steed before I take my leave. I heard the crunching of hay under my feet as my eyes wandered around the wooden stalls in search of my beautiful Pegasus. I could feel my face light up when I was finally able to find her. She was comfortably curled up on the floor with her wing fanned out like a blanket. Her breaths were deep and even and her eyes remained closed. She must be sleeping. I tiptoed up to her and stroked her face gently.

        "Hey, Mage. It's me." She groggily split open her eyes and peered up at me. 

        "Oh. Hey, Bliss. What's up?"

        "I'm going to be gone for a day or two so I thought I'd drop by and see how you're doing." She lifted her strong neck, now looking down at me. Her black eyes seemed to sparkle with excitement. 

        "I'm doing just fine. Amazing, actually." I smiled goofily at her.

        "Why's that? What happened?" She smiled proudly and contracted her wing to reveal her midsection. It seemed much larger than normal. My eyes widened.

        "No way." Majesty whinnied. "You're pregnant, Majesty!" I placed a hand on her stomach, feeling the warmth of her on my skin. Then I smiled slyly up at her. "And who might the father be?" She rolled her eyes and shook her head in embarrassment like I already knew the answer to the question, which I did.

        "Char." 

        "Mmmm-hmmm." I teased. "Well, I'm very excited for you, Mage. Truly, I am." 

<<<<<<>>>>>>

                I gave my dad my last instructions before the plane was just about ready. My hair was being tossed furiously from the high wind speeds outside today. Apparently, the weather was not in our favor. 

        "Make sure everyone is in their place and not screwing around. Especially that Dylan guy, he likes to be a real pain in the ass sometimes. Lynessa and Katana should have a pretty good idea of what to do -- Athena, too. And please make sure that Char and Majesty are being well treated and kept-"