8 Tyler

I arrive at school the next day, I could barely sleep after last night. I just want to talk with Melissa to see if she is still okay after what happened. I was worried if she secretly hates me, and I still think she does. I head to homeroom and sit in my seat. Melissa isn't here. I'm a bit confused, I don't know if she skipped or if she had somewhere else to be. I pull out my phone and quickly text her asking where she is. The bell rings, I get up and put my phone away. Hopefully she'll be in next period.

It's lunch, where she? Does she really not want anything to do with me? I keep yelling the thoughts to myself. Yes, I like her. Someone could almost call it love, but I just don't know. I'm just sitting here messing with my food, I don't even want to eat.

"Hey, dude. Why do you look so depressed?" I look up and see Dillian sitting next to me with his tray.

"Oh, nothing. Just had a bad morning." I push my tray away.

"Well, let's see if I can cheer you up. I'm doing something after school, do you want to come?" he ask me.

I shake my head. "No, I have to go home and take care of my sister. Maybe another day." I tell him. I look toward the cafeteria entrance, and I instantly regret all life choices.

"Oh, hey, Tyler!" Adora runs up to the table. How she manages in heels, beats me.

"Adora you know the rules," Dillian glares at her. "Not until one of them gives you the right. You've only been with us a week, you still need to earn it."

"But I did what they said." Adora waves her arms around and I see something on her forearm.

"What's that on your arm?" I ask her.

She gives me an evil grin, "I got a new tattoo, let me show you." She tries to show me, but Dillian reaches across the table and stops her.

"Like I said, you know the rules. Now, best we leave. Now. See you around, Tyler." Dillian waves and grabs Adora by the arm and drags her out of the cafeteria.

"This school is weird." I say to myself. I check the time and see I still have about ten minutes left. I go to the library and try to see what I can find.

I go through some of the old sections of the library, and I find something interesting. An elementary school yearbook for Rosebud Elementary school. I pick it up and flip through some of the pages. I go to the back, the pages for kindergarten. I look through and end up at the C's. Three people catch my attention. I find Melissa, and two others next to her, sharing the same last name. The same kids I saw in that portrait. I take out my phone and quickly take a picture, I need to know what happened to those two. I catch a glimpse of the time.

"Oh, shoot." I put the book back and put my phone in my pocket and rush to my next class. I rush to my seat, and go on as if nothing has happened.

I go to my truck and pull out my phone. She hasn't responded to any text. Just as I'm about to put my phone away, I get a call. I check the caller ID and frown.

"Where are you?" I shout immediately as I pick up.

"Wow, nice to talk to you too. What were you calling for?" she ask me calmly.

"I wanted to know where you were, I thought that after last night-" I manage.

"We made a deal," she says through grit teeth, "We won't talk about last night. Plus, I am in enough trouble as I am. I have to be doing some things, I need to get it done then i'll be at school tomorrow."

"Okay, and I need a favor." I ask nervously, i'm worried she won't say yes.

"What do you need?" she ask