13: What a Lovely Night

Melissa is in her room, getting ready for her parents party. She is putting her gloves on to cover her tattoo, when her father calls her.

"Melissa, your date is here!" her father calls.

Melissa runs down the stairs, "I'm here!" Melissa shouts when she reaches the front door.

"Umm.. hi. Nice to see you again." Tyler says as he hugs his girlfriend.

"Thanks for coming." Melissa pulls away. "Father, this is my boyfriend, Tyler Vo. He will be helping me to keep track of security too. Tyler, this is my father, Lucas. My mother, Inna, will be down in a moment." Melissa introduces the two.

"Nice to meet you, Mr.Cruz. It's an honor to be invited." Tyler says as he extends his hand for a handshake from the man in the back suit, polished dress shoes, white dress shirt, and green tie.

"Nice to meet you as well. And please call me Lucas. I don't mind." Lucas shakes the hand of the teenage boy in a black suit, black dress shoes, black dress shirt and red bowtie.

"Yes, of course. And again thank you for allowing me to come." Tyler says for good measures.

"It was no problem. You are a good man for my daughter. Now I am going to go check on your mother, Melissa." Lucas turns to his daughter. "Please make sure that security is set up and that everything goes smoothly tonight." Lucas starts to walk to the stairs.

"Yes father, I promise." Melissa calls after him as he goes up the steps.

Tyler takes in Melissa's outfit. Her hair is braided down her left side and she has a shiny red hair clip at the middle of it. She is wearing a shirt like dress. The top is like a t-shirt with a black lace collar, at the waist is a black bow tied at the back, the bottom is a flowy skirt with black lace lining the bottom. It is in red, she has on black tights and red heels. She has black and red leather gloves that go above her elbows, covering her tattoo. She has on black lipstick and red eyeshadow on her eyelids.

"You look nice." Tyler complements her.

"Thanks, not so bad yourself. Come on, we have to get everyone set up on their positions."

Melissa takes her boyfriend by the hand and leads him out through the front door. Once they step outside, four black vans pull up into the driveway. Once they park, people start to climb out.

"Hey, sis. Everyone is here, just tell us what to do." Hunter says as he walks up to Melissa.

"Okay, listen closely because I am only telling you your post once." Melissa shouts, getting their attention. "If I told you you are going to be in the driveway follow me." Melissa leads fifteen people to the area around the driveway and puts a person at every five feet. "You'll be making sure that all the cars that enter and exit have a license plate and are safe. Now, for those of you patrolling and guarding the outside, as in the exists, entrances. All of you here." She leads them around the house and puts a person at every ten feet. "You are going to walk around the entire area. Just in case someone misses something, someone else might be able to catch it." She runs back to the others. "All of you now." She gestures for them to follow her inside. Before Hunter can enter, she stops him. "You are our bouncer, so you know what to do. I'll get the list from my father in a minute." Melissa continues to lead the others inside. "You, in the living room-you, near the hallway-you, the kitchen entrance-you, watching the balcony entrance." Melissa points to the people and points to where she needs them.

"Okay, that's everyone. How are they going to communicate?" Tyler asks, walking up next to Melissa.

"We have phones, they have eachothers and my number. That won't be a problem. I have to get the guest list from the kitchen." Melissa jogs into the kitchen to get the guest list.