20: The new king

Melissa is lying on the hard ground, looking up at the tall ceiling. The basement has been turned into an arena for the final trial. Bleachers have been brought in so that everyone can sit. The usual large showbox now has Melissa's throne so that she can see everything going on during the fight. The stairs lead from behind the box to a door which leads to the arena.

"Melissa, are you done moping around?" Killie as her daughter.

"Do I have to get married after today?" Melissa counters.

"Technically yes."

"Then no I am not done moping around.

Killie rolls her eyes and attempts to try and lift Melissa up but Melissa just lets her body drop.

"Mom, I really don't want today to happen. I'm not in the mood to see my ex and one of my childhood friends have a fist fight to see who gets the throne next to me, gets to put that betrothal ring on my finger, and marries me. I am not ready to throw my life away." Melissa groans trying to get away from her mom.

"I know, I know how you feel. But honey it's not something you should be scared about. Just know that no matter what happens or who wins, me and your brother will be right here to keep things in line. Please, and if you really don't want to, we will make sure you don't get married." Killie reassures her.

"Thanks mom." Melissa smiles and gives Killie a hug. "Now take me to get my eyes checked."

"Try doing this, covers your knuckles more so that you don't end up bleeding so much" Hunter shows Tyler how to properly wrap his hands.

Tyler fixes his wrapping, "How long is this going to last?"

Hunter shrugs, "Depends, just until one of you gets knocked out. This isn't a 'to the death' battle. It's an' until unconscious or one of just can't get up anymore' battle."

"That's it, I just have to try to not get punched unconscious by Henry? Same person who nearly gave me a black eye yesterday night?" Tyler questions and looks at Hunter like he's a mad man.

"Pretty much yeah. You said your family would be here?" Hunter asks.

Tyler nods, "Yeah, but my sister had to stay home because you know, this is a fight."

Hunter checks his watch before looking at Tyler, "It's my turn to put the baby to sleep so I won't be here for the beginning of the trial. I wish you luck man."

"We're starting in a few minutes, I just came to wish you luck." Melissa says as she approaches Henry with Cali's help. "But I do have to talk to Tyler too so don't think you're special."

"Better than nothing, say, still think he stands a chance?" Henry asks with a cocky grin.

"I've fought you before it's easy to get under your skin." Melissa smiles.

Henry shrugs, "But you know me and he doesn't. Guess we'll see what happens at the end of all of this."

"Yeah, we'll see. Good luck." Melissa waves at him before walking away with Cali and being escorted to Tyler's area.

Cali gives Melissa a hug as they're walking to Tyler's area. "Don't worry. Things will turn out okay. You've got all of us here to make sure nothing happens."

"Doesn't help that I can't see anything, I want to take this stupid rag off." Melissa starts to scratch at her eyes but Cali stops her.

"You have to keep this on. It's keeping the medicine in your eyes. We'll take it off soon okay? Just hang in there for a while." she reassures Melissa. "And we're here."